Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

(Not so) Bold prediction: Like Game 2 of Tampa-Boston in 2011, the scoring will be around a 6-5 game. I just have a strange feeling that it will be goals galore.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruins are looking like a team of destiny again. I think they'll end up lifting the Cup.

Coming into the series I wasn't so sure how we'd fare against Pittsburgh, but after tonight I'm really confident in these guys. The Bruins are sure as hell going to give the Pens a run for their money.

(Not so) Bold prediction: Like Game 2 of Tampa-Boston in 2011

Why?

That game is always such a nightmare to remember, especially the 3rd period rally coming up short when Lecavalier had a rebound opportunity slide juuuuust under his stick, when a connection would've knotted the score at 6.

Tim Thomas won the Vezina that year. He was the best goaltender in the sport. And losing a game in Boston despite scoring five goals is THE reason the Bruins won that series, and not the Lightning.

/endbadmemoryflashback

spacer.png

I see no possible way LA can come back from this

Normally, I'd disagree with this, as I did after the 1st two games of the St. Louis series. But given all the breakaways Chicago had today, all the trickery their lines performed in squeezing some past Quick (on Sharp's rebound of Oduya's shot and on Hossa's deflection for their 2nd goal), all the double-teaming done by their defenders at the Kings zone every-time LA wanted to regroup, and the fact that at one point the 'Hawks outshot LA by a 2-1 factor, I see great validity in your post, Torin.

The fact that Game 2 is tomorrow (so no time off to rest), combined with the potential lingering effects done to Mike Richards (added with Jarret Stoll not being fully healed despite being activated for today's game) has me very worried, to downright terrified, should Chicago win again in Game 2. I will not like the Kings' odds of a series upset (yes, I consider the Blackhawks that powerful, so they're the favorites, especially after Game 1) should they return to California on Monday, down 0-2.

I'm pretty certain he was talking about the deficit in today's game, not the series as a whole.

I almost want to place a hefty bet that Los Angeles knots the series tomorrow.

I want to also, but so many intangibles favor Chicago right now, and some of my suspicions of how powerful they are were made true in Game 1. That, and the fact that this hard-checking, injury-prone team is subjected to playing Game 2 less than 24 hours later because of the Rolling Stones, a back-to-back situation where it's the last thing the Kings need.

I swear, I will burn every Stones paraphernalia that comes across me, from now until I die, if it turns out that the scheduling conflict gasses LA out of the Cup Final.

Having to play the next day with bad ice and tired legs isn't exactly helpful to a speed/finesse-oriented team, either. I propose a joint Stones bonfire.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't think LA will win this, I think they can, but I feel that Chicago will edge out a win here.

It's when it goes to Hollywood that it's going to get interesting.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Whereas the whole dark lighting thing for Lakers games kinda sucks, I love how it works at the United Center.

It was to mimic how the Inglewood Forum was during the Lakers "Showtime" era. So Staples Center followed suit in late 2006, with the whole darkening of the arena.

But yeah, the court was better when all the lights were on.

3 more, Boston. You can do this.

3 more, Chicago. You can do this.

No horse in this race but the thought of a Boston-Chicago final is enough to make me want to puke... I think it was you had the member title "Loathing the Finals" during the dark days of the back to back Pittsburgh-Detroit finals. Probably going to have to adopt it if the first games of these series are any indication...

Archived