Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

@TorinK29: Oh :censored: , that World Junior goal.

I guess I just don't really know much about the Penguins and not being a fan of them I don't actively search out their games or stats. I was sort of basing it off the regular season and the 2009 Championship run. But just looking up the stats he wasn't all that great those playoffs.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too early to lay out the possibility of a sweep?

With the Flower in net, absolutely not too soon.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

I don't think Bylsma is sane if he starts Fleury in game 3

but the way he's been playing, they don't have a good look in net.

What the hell did Fleury ever do to you?

Anyway, this is far from either goalie's fault. How a team this talented and this experienced can be playing so mindless and sloppy is beyond me. This is a big bad hole they've put themselves in. They can climb out of it, but whether or not they will... well, we'll see.

oBIgzrL.png

Now here's the more entertaining question: Which team has the better chance to come back down two games? Anyone wanna take the Kings on that one?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I think the Kings, they're abysmal on the road, but great at home. That series might go a full 7 games,

Now here's the more entertaining question: Which team has the better chance to come back down two games? Anyone wanna take the Kings on that one?

I will. They have Jonathan Quick. Simple as that. I think if Quick gets help, he is more likely to shut down the Blackhawks than Fleury or Vokoun against the Bruins

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I'll take the team that hasn't played at home yet almost every time on that one. And when that team hasn't lost at home the entire playoffs, I'll give them a legitimate chance to make that comeback.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I heard a stat that the Penguins are 5-3 all time in series where they've trailed 2-0. HOW?

How the hell do you have a winning record in a situation that forces you to win four out of five games? It really does rain horseshoes and rabbits feet on that city. Do you people realize how lucky you are?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm certain that stat encompasses 0-2 holes of both the 0-2 going home and 0-2 heading on the road variety, and the last time they faced the latter scenario, they were ousted in six by the Flyers.

But, yeah, in their 2009 playoff run, they erased a pair of 0-2 deficits to win Game 7's on the road.

spacer.png

Archived