Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

God bless Bickell. He just singlehandedly willed his team onto the scoreboard there.

I'm surprised the Hawks got a first/last minute goal! They seem to give up way more of those than they score (especially the last minute).

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather pay for Bickell and let Stalberg walk. Let someone else fall in love with his speed, his bumslaying, and his Nordic good looks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ok, so can anyone explain to why exactly the Kings have Cartman doing their arena chants? That makes me want this team to lose even more.

Mission accomplished, then. B)

6uXNWAo.png

I'd be shocked if the Blackhawks don't come all the way back and win, to be honest.

Brown injured Sharp and the Hawks have been lethargic. I don't think it'd be that shocking. Can't win 'em all!

LA seals it. Blackhawks offensive rushes were all too little, too late. The crappy offsides call and no-icing call were made by the same official who nearly screwed the Blackhawks out of game 7 of the Detroit series.

Coincidence. Right.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah, Jonathan Quick doesn't give up any goals at home.

Except that wasn't a shutout.

Anyway, I'm over it already. I'm not surprised and I didn't expect a sweep.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yeah, Jonathan Quick doesn't give up any goals at home.

Except that wasn't a shutout.

Anyway, I'm over it already. I'm not surprised and I didn't expect a sweep.

That was a slight bit of an exaggeration. I know it wasn't a shutout. Yippee. If you only give up one goal in a game, odds are you're going to win. Quick has only surrendered multiple goals in two of LA's eight home games this postseason. That's good enough for me.

spacer.png

I'd be shocked if the Blackhawks don't come all the way back and win, to be honest.

You and dba would make great company for a Kings game. Talk about constant pessimism.

That's Lights Out's schtick. That, and riding the reverse bandwagon of teams (save the Kings) and e-fellating LeBron, is his calling card.

It's like he's looking for sympathy or secretly hoping that all his bemoaned predictions come true, even at the expense of his teams winning, just so he can say "I told you so!". He takes sports way too seriously, and on those occasions where I'm watching a game while browsing this site, his pessimism takes the entertainment out of sports.

His team could play the perfect game or win a championship, and he would find something to buzzkill himself.....

Despite hobbling the Hawks to just 20 SOG and Quick making a couple monster game savers, the Kings still only got 2 goals.

You've gotta put that in perspective. The Blackhawks gave up 12 minutes worth of penalties and LA did absolutely nothing with them. The Kings virtually got the entire second period to play in the Hawks zone and they got one goal out of it. If I'm a Kings fan I'm excited about the win but I'm seriously nervous about how close a game that was when it really shouldn't have been.

If Quick didn't make the Bickell save or if the shady linesmen had reversed a couple late controversial calls, we'd easily be talking a 3-0 Blackhawks series lead in a game where they didn't show up.

twitter

Well, yeah. His postings about the Chargers over the years make that very obvious.

But it still doesn't jive to me to have that little confidence in a team that has won their last six postseason series'. If there's one thing Los Angeles has shown to be very good at, it's battening the hatches down in one-goal games at Staples.

spacer.png

Kings played well for a team without their best skater. Hawks are just gonna have to win on Thursday, I guess. Oh well! Now we can get back to jerking off over how big and strong the Kings are, and that's what really counts.

That's LA's schtick. Don't score a lot and have Quick save you. LA beat SJ despite only getting 3 or more real goals once.(By that I mean no empty net ones). If Quick leads LA to another Cup, then I propose he gets a statue erected outside of Staples this summer.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

You and dba would make great company for a Kings game. Talk about constant pessimism.

I am only pessimistic about this particular series because of the bags of tricks Chicago presents. To me, they're the last stand to the Kings' repeat hopes (barring a miracle Pens comeback/Boston collapse).

Light'sOut's posts, however, are more traumatic because of the fate suffered by his Clippers. So his attitude towards the Kings run along the lines of "no matter how good the Kings are, they'll suffer the same way my Clips did, no hope."

The crappy offsides call and no-icing call were made by the same official who nearly screwed the Blackhawks out of game 7 of the Detroit series.

Coincidence. Right.

So all of a sudden, the league is out to get the Blackhawks, this despite playing in the 3rd largest U.S. city/market, being the President's Trophy winners, delivering solid cable viewers everytime they play (highest rated NHL cable broadcast post-2005 was 'Hawks-Flyers Game 3), and that points streak they had in 2013?

OK, then.

Archived