Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

I'm still stubborn to think this series goes 7, but, jeez, here's a stat to try on for size:

2012 LA Kings playoff road wins: 10

2013 LA Kings road wins, regular season and postseason: 9

9-23 away from Staples this year, and that's with three of those nine wins coming in St. Louis. It's a wonder they've made it so far.

spacer.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, there weren't any penalties on Crawford. Clifford went after Roszival, Fraser went after Toews, but Rozsival had a cross-check in there somewhere. Basically the refs just cherry-picked some fouls and it came out to three for Chicago and two for LA. Whatevz, the Hawks' kill is good enough not to sweat it too much. They've overcome worse officiating than this, as we may remember from Wednesday

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You don't have to call them that.

dm_130526_Andrew_Shaw_Interview.jpg

Andrew Shaw looks like that guy who graduated from high school when you were a freshman, who went to trade school but dropped out and became a mechanic or something, and now you're a senior but you still see him from time to time hanging out in the parking lot and dating the girls from your class whom you shouldn't be dating.

I listened to game 1 on the radio and missed all of game 2. Should I never watch another game?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I listened to game 1 on the radio and missed all of game 2. Should I never watch another game?

Knowing how fluid they've been in Games 1 and 2, maybe you not seeing games actually helps the Blackhawks.*

*it's a valid hypothesis, I guess

It's pretty safe to say the Hawks will represent the West, though this time they'll likely get more of a challenge from whoever comes from the East. Not going to lie, I expected more competition from the Kings, but it seems like they can't get their :censored: together from what I read.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

No. This series is not over. We're only halfway there. They're not in the Finals until we have four wins. I'm not counting the Kings out. I refuse to overlook anyone.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If Richards is good to go on Tuesday, they can get themselves right back in it. If he's out again, it really doesn't look good for them, not with Kopitar not quite himself and Duckface Killah being largely inconsequential but for a few hits late in games.

Never watch another game.

tumblr_mnqnjlE5vP1qang9po1_400.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Watch all the games!

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

June 3, 1993

Game 2 Kings-Canadiens Gretzky v. the overtime warrior Habs. Marty McSorley's illegal stick. It was the first Stanley Cup Finals game I ever watched. I was almost 6 years old. Watched it with my dad in a hotel room outside of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and my hockey love affair was born.

I'm sure there was a Chevy commercial that aired during that game so to paraphrase Bob Seger, "twenty years now, where'd they go? Twenty years I don't know. Sit and I wonder sometimes where they've gone."

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived