Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

So the Kings played like possums again in Silicon Valley. Joe Thornton capitalizing on a Sharks 5-on-3, while the Kings committed cheap penalties all game long. Thank God they don't have to play anymore games at HP Pavilion this season since it's been a place of horrors.

But this is why game #48 in the regular season mattered so much, for a situation like this. The regular season finale dictated the scenario for Game 7, which we now have. Can the Kings continue their hometown groove and survive the San Jose onslaught? Or will the Sharks breakthrough at Staples Center and crash the repeat party? T-minus 48 hours and counting for Game 7.

And just for statistics, the last Game 7 the Kings played in was in the 2002 West Quarterfinals, losing at Colorado, 4-0. The last Game 7 for them at home was in 1989, beating the Edmonton Oilers at the Forum in Inglewood, 6-3. The last Game 7 the Kings won, overall, was the famous 1993 Campbell Conference Final at Maple Leaf Gardens, 5-4.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to Chicago sports radio

That was your first mistake.

Ha. 670 is usually locked in until the Kars for Kids commercial comes on. Any Kars for Kids commercial. Then I click.

I like to think of those spots as a means of knocking off my potential time in purgatory, 60 seconds at a time. I hope the "rock" version counts for double.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I had something better than ice cream. ASTRONAUT ICE CREAM! They eat it in space.

spaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeee

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Me... a thicksth-year-old. That's got a long way to go to catch up, but I understand your pain. If she's really six, kudos on the performance, but I always picture a creepy adult voicing that commercial to "make sure it sounds authentic" or something. IN. REAL. LIFE.

We're all losing our damn minds leading into this Game 6, aren't we.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

We're all losing our damn minds leading into this Game 6, aren't we.

ZRiHfzb.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

DETROIT -- Blackhawks forward Jamal Mayers confirmed that he was fined half a day’s pay by the NHL for antics during warmups before Game 5, including shooting pucks at the Detroit goal.

"I was trying to get under their skin," said Mayers, who warmed up but didn’t play in the game. "I’m not going to hide behind and lie to you. The league fined me and took the appropriate action. I’ll pay the piper."

According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, the fine works out to about $1,600.

Mayers, who hasn’t played yet this postseason, said there wasn’t any response from the Red Wings during warmups. The Blackhawks won the game 4-1, although he’s not taking any credit for it.

"The guys played unbelievable hockey," he said. "We’re going to need an even bigger effort tonight. All of us will do anything to win."

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Jamal Mayers has made about half a year's pay to not play; he can afford half a day's pay for these shenanigans. And here I thought he had absolutely nothing left to contribute!

Frolik scores on the Penalty shot and it's beginning looks like game 7 at Madison.

Also, I just finished an freaking 8 page IB essay on the Richard Riots, I worked so hard on that that my knowledge of hockey and Quebec culture might squeak me a C+.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

We should have used Frolik in shootouts more than we did (presumptive past tense; he's almost certainly gone this summer). He takes the strangest shots at even strength, but on penalty shots, he either scores or scores and kills the goalie.

P.S. I no wanna hear about how the refs gave the Hawks the game with that penalty shot when they've been turning a blind eye to blatant interference for six games.

Best of luck in the WCF, Chicago.

Twas a good run while it lasted...

Not ready to go that far. The Red Wings have a great gameplan that the Hawks' talent can't always overcome.

Best of luck in the WCF, Chicago.

Twas a good run while it lasted...

Not ready to go that far. The Red Wings have a great gameplan that the Hawks' talent can't always overcome.

I'm not even going to try to be optimistic after the last two games. This team has surprised before, though. Game 7 will be interesting to say the least.

Wonder if it'll take Babs 15 minutes to tell the team to try again...

Archived