Sportscenter's new digital set

ONUV

Even though I live in Canada and only watch ESPN's Sportscenter somewhere between 2-5 times a year, I've even noticed some of their biases towards various teams and players (like the Heat and Tebow). That just shows you how often they go on and on about the same topics to the point where most people just say who cares!

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Even though I live in Canada and only watch ESPN's Sportscenter somewhere between 2-5 times a year, I've even noticed some of their biases towards various teams and players (like the Heat and Tebow). That just shows you how often they go on and on about the same topics to the point where most people just say who cares!

Just like TSN's Sportscentre and their hockey talk.

But hockey is the main sport in Canada so of course it'll be discussed more. ESPN's "SportsCenter," however, slants it's coverage to preferred athletes, teams, and agendas which will pull in the viewership, ratings and advertising revenue.

Notice I didn't mention actual sports in the slanting; the three mainstay U.S. sports (basketball, football, baseball) get near equal treatment as a whole, but there are preferential treatments to LeBron and the Heat (basketball), Tebow, Manning and the Patriots (football) and the Yankees and Red Sox (baseball).

But hockey is the main sport in Canada so of course it'll be discussed more. ESPN's "SportsCenter," however, slants it's coverage to preferred athletes, teams, and agendas which will pull in the viewership, ratings and advertising revenue.

Notice I didn't mention actual sports in the slanting; the three mainstay U.S. sports (basketball, football, baseball) get near equal treatment as a whole, but there are preferential treatments to LeBron and the Heat (basketball), Tebow, Manning and the Patriots (football) and the Yankees and Red Sox (baseball).

Or maybe they're just doing what all news outlets do and cover the hot topics? Yes, everything you mentioned is covered by them but it's not done in absolute bias. I've been watching ESPN for years, maybe I don't pay enough attention these days, but it seems like an okay network to me.

Yeah, enjoy Fox Sports 1, it's going to be just like CBS Sports Network and NBC Sports Network, a halfassed attempt at trying to compete with ESPN.

bSLCtu2.png

I just hate American Sportscenter anyway. Canadian is SO MUCH BETTER

Maybe not anymore without Onrait and O'Toole

I thought Onrait and O'Toole stunk when they tried to be funny during their shows. They tried WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hard to be funny.

SportsNation is one terriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiible show. I can't believe they actually spend time dissecting YouTube highlights.

Wonder if that means that the Canadian SC will change too (since ESPN has a stake in TSN or something).

They wouldn't change this set, would they? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34763.jpg

I really don't get why people continue to complain about ESPN, Sportscentre, and shoddy coverage. I cancelled cable completely over a year ago and haven't looked back. I get all the sports highlights and news I need from various sports sites (SI.com, ESPN.com, NASCAR.com) and my twitter feed. Not being subjected to the Canadian SC and Sportsnet saves me a lot of frustration of having to sit through the battle for the leafs 3rd line centre spot, CFL, curling and other stuff I dont give a crap about. Plus the extra $70/month in my pocket.

If their coverage of non-Sox/Yanks/Tebow/Heat topics are so bad, why do people continue to watch (and complain) when they're a click away from the news and highlights they really want to see? Not to mention never having to see the mugs of Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith ever again.

I really don't get why people continue to complain about ESPN, Sportscentre, and shoddy coverage. I cancelled cable completely over a year ago and haven't looked back. I get all the sports highlights and news I need from various sports sites (SI.com, ESPN.com, NASCAR.com) and my twitter feed. Not being subjected to the Canadian SC and Sportsnet saves me a lot of frustration of having to sit through the battle for the leafs 3rd line centre spot, CFL, curling and other stuff I dont give a crap about. Plus the extra $70/month in my pocket.

If their coverage of non-Sox/Yanks/Tebow/Heat topics are so bad, why do people continue to watch (and complain) when they're a click away from the news and highlights they really want to see? Not to mention never having to see the mugs of Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith ever again.

That is one of the many reason I canceled my cable last year.

slsig_zps2620f60c.jpg

Maybe not anymore without Onrait and O'Toole

I thought Onrait and O'Toole stunk when they tried to be funny during their shows. They tried WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hard to be funny.

Ohhhh, so much THIS. I can't stand those two, especially Onrait. I greatly welcome the news that they will be leaving Sportscentre (woo hoo!).

Why can't most sports anchors just... I don't know... READ THE SPORTS like they are supposed to without an avalanche of unfunny jokes and unwanted improptu singing? I find myself saying to the screen "...Just shut up already and tell me the score!". Some anchors can pull off occasional humor during a newscast, but not these two idiots.

Archived