The Road to Omaha: The 2013 NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

Seadragon76

^ I was going to mention that as well...Campbell probably got the shaft among all teams.

A lot of analysts are saying the selections were very lazy this year and I would agree with them.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough regional for Mississippi State this year. Our 4 seed, Central Arkansas, beat us 2 out of 3 earlier in the year. We have improved a lot since then so we should be able to win. The 2 seed South Alabama almost hosted their own regional but fell just short, we did beat them this year, 6-4 about a month ago I think. I don't know much about Mercer, but they have a pretty good record.

We are also matched up with Virginia for a super regional. Could've been worse, but that's a tough draw especially since they have an easy looking regional.

Jeez, Florida was thoroughly mediocre this season, at 29-28. I guess it was strength of conference that lifted them into the tourney?

Yeah as a Gators fan, happy for them, but really didn't expect them to make it. Not only that theres talk that they may be able to advance out of the Bloomington Regional. If they do they may face their arch rival Florida State and the Gators haven't lost in Tallahassee in something like 5-6 years. Not sure this is the same Gators team, but really haven't followed college baseball too closely this season. Basically guessing in filling out my bracket.

^ I was going to mention that as well...Campbell probably got the shaft among all teams.

A lot of analysts are saying the selections were very lazy this year and I would agree with them.

Yeah, Campbell got the biggest hose job of the teams that missed out. I also heard that Michigan State, despite not making the Big Ten tourny, was the first team out (Sparty had a RPI rank of 36, If I remember correctly).

Campbell blew their chance and there were a large amount of bid thieves this season compared to last.

Nice to see the Sun Devils back in the tourney after that postseason ban, and they're gonna play just up the road in Fullerton. I'm definitely getting some of my SoCal Sun Devil friends out there at some point this weekend.

ASU hasn't had the best of luck at Fullerton in the Tournament, but they won the last time they were there in 2005. Not that that really matters.

And if they make it to the Super Regionals, there's still a chance for them to play in SoCal. So that'd be fun to watch the entire Road to Omaha for my Devils here in SoCal.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

And they're off! The first day of action has been quite exciting so far...

-Kansas State's first game as a host sees them score 20 (!) in a 20-11 win over Wichita State (Remember, this is with the new bats, so this feels like old days again)

-Plenty of 3 seeds are holding their own today. Troy, Towson, Liberty, William and Mary, Illinois and UC Santa Barbera have all won so far.

-So far, one top seed has fallen and it's Virginia Tech losing to UConn... with Indiana in danger of getting stunned by Valpo.

(Oh, and if you have time.. Every single game is on ESPN3, so go there)

Indiana held on. My alma mater (Bryant) is holding its own versus Arkansas. Hopefully, we can pull out the win. Bias aside, The K-State bracket is one of the top 3 best/hardest brackets in the regionals.

You mean came from behind. The walkoff was the first time the Hoosiers led all game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You mean came from behind. The walkoff was the first time the Hoosiers led all game.

Sorry, came from behind--you are right. Excited to say Bryant's biggest DI accomplishment in its short DI history (first year eligible for any DI tournaments) was beating Arkansas tonight.

Here's a decent recap of the day so far:

-Not much to report on the eliminated teams, except for three 3 seeds (Coastal Carolina, Florida and Mercer). Of those three, Mercer may have put up the biggest fight...

-You like free baseball? There's been plenty of it today with Central Arkansas-Mercer going 11 (Mercer was down 5-1 and came back to force extras BTW), Oklahoma-UConn going 12 and San Francisco-South Dakota State going 13

-The top seeds are holding form except for Virginia Tech.

Gamecocks dish out an asskicking of epic proportions tonight. I was pessimistic of what we could accomplish in the postseason this year, but I have seen a different team the past 2 nights.

*post laden with pointless homerese goes here*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, after last night, we have 12 '4' seeds eliminated (The surviving '4' seeds: Columbia, UConn, Central Arkansas and Valparaiso) and 4 '3' seeds (Coastal Carolina, Florida, Mercer and New Mexico). The the top seeds (save Oregon) have moved on to the regional finals.

Now, for your possible enjoyment, the Super Regional matchups:

-North Carolina-Florida Atlantic winner vs. South Carolina

-Rice-Oregon winner vs. NC State

-Cal State Fullerton vs. UCLA

-LSU vs. Oklahoma

-Vanderbilt-Georgia Tech winner vs. Louisville

-Florida State vs. Indiana

-Virginia vs. Mississippi State-Central Arkansas winner

-Oregon State vs. Kansas State

This list will be updated throughout today with the teams in the regional finals and, if need be, the teams who won their regional.

Archived