The Road to Omaha: The 2013 NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

Seadragon76

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a big Lousiville fan this weekend. There was one team Mississippi State couldn't beat all year and that was Vanderbilt. We went 0-4 against them. Getting them out of the way would go a long way in helping us get to the championship game.

Anyway, cheering for South Carolina, NC State, Louisville, Indiana, Kansas State and obviously Mississippi State today.

A Big Ten team is going to Omaha for the first time in nearly 30 years. It goes without saying this is Indiana's first trip. I may need to order a T-shirt.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

A Big Ten team is going to Omaha for the first time in nearly 30 years. It goes without saying this is Indiana's first trip. I may need to order a T-shirt.

I called them as a postseason favorite while watching the Big Ten tournament. They certainly have all the pieces to make a run in Omaha.

The Cards are headed to Omaha! This completes the grand slam of Louisville athletics (Sugar Bowl win, Men's basketball national champions, Women's basketball runners up and now the College World Series). 2013 is officially the year of the Cardinal.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Florida State does what they do best; lose in the Super Regionals. Congrats to Indiana on their first trip to Omaha!

FSU went to Omaha last year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This is what we have right now in Omaha-

North Carolina/South Carolina

vs.

NC State

LSU

vs.

UCLA

Louisville

vs.

Indiana

Mississippi State

vs.

Oregon State/ Kansas State

I hope South Carolina gets their game tomorrow. I'm hearing that if any super regional isn't finished after Tuesday, the NCAA decides who goes to Omaha.

I hope South Carolina gets their game tomorrow. I'm hearing that if any super regional isn't finished after Tuesday, the NCAA decides who goes to Omaha.

While that's crazy, seems right for the NCAA. They'll pick UNC because they wouldn't have the number one overall seed left out. Plus a NC State/UNC matchup would be an added bonus.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

While that's crazy, seems right for the NCAA. They'll pick UNC because they wouldn't have the number one overall seed left out. Plus a NC State/UNC matchup would be an added bonus.

No it's not right, it should be like soccer and biased on run differential, but picking who gues is just plain stupid just send both teams to a dry site and play that game fair and square.

No it's not right, it should be like soccer and biased on run differential, but picking who gues is just plain stupid just send both teams to a dry site and play that game fair and square.

Of course it isn't right, which is why I said the NCAA would do it. Guess sarcasm is hard to translate on the internet. Moot point though because UNC won.

Predictions:

Louisville beats Indiana in 3

Oregon State beats Miss State in 2

UNC beats NC State in 2

LSU over UCLA in 2

Not how the CWS works. It's a double elimination tournament.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Predictions:

Louisville beats Indiana in 3

Oregon State beats Miss State in 2

UNC beats NC State in 2

LSU over UCLA in 2

That's not the format when you get to Omaha.

whoops, I didn't know how the system works in Omaha.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Predictions

Game 1: Oregon State over Mississippi State

Game 2: Indiana over Louisville

Game 3: North Carolina over N.C. State

Game 4: LSU over UCLA

Game 5: Mississippi State over Louisville (elim.)

Game 6: Oregon State over Indiana

Game 7: N.C. State over UCLA (elim.)

Game 8: LSU over North Carolina

Game 9: Mississippi State over Indiana (elim.)

Game 10: North Carolina over N.C. State (elim.)

Game 11: Mississippi State over Oregon State

Game 12: North Carolina over LSU

Game 13: Oregon State over Mississippi State (elim.)

Game 14: LSU over North Carolina (elim.)

Championship Series: LSU over Oregon State 2 games to 0

Archived