Favorite NBA Warmups

jhans203

Since this is just "paste any old warmup", I give to you the waterfall era sixers.

shawn_bradley_nick_van_exel.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The realization that many old ones were templates makes me a little less angry at Adidas.

But really, what is the motivation for forcing a template on teams?

You don't know if it's forced.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The realization that many old ones were templates makes me a little less angry at Adidas.

I'm fairly certain it is. I'm sure there is at least one team that wants to be unique from the others.

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

I remember being about six and seeing a Pistons warmup with "Fennis" on it. Something called Fennis Dembo is hilarious at 28 years old also.

This goes to NCAA, but UNC had jean jacket warmups once, my clearest memory was Dante Calabria (of all people) during a shootaround. Maybe the 92-93 title team? It was definitely early-90s fashion, but Nike trying something outside of the box, though not timeless.

It is forced, IIRC. I'm pretty sure the league made the Celtics stop even putting nameplates on the back of their generic templated warmups, so I can't imagine they'd be okay with a team just completely abandoning whatever template Adidas is using each season and doing their own thing.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived