Utah Jazz Logos, Unis + Info on Bobcats

JamesCraven

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That purple looks a little too bright.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

That Purple is a sRGB-255-enhanced version based on the Pantone color used in their specs.

Like it or not, that is how the Purple they chose is supposed to look on computer monitors.

(It's the same Purple the Jazz used to use as their Production version of their Purple. A bit darker than the old one used in print.)

I just wish the wordmark would match the freaking one in the logo.

EXACTLY! Why go with a such a generic alphanumeric font on the uniforms, when the primary logo features a stylized font that references Utah's Western heritage? The choice to go with the two non-compatible fonts is a textbook example of poor design. It's INFURIATING!!!

Also, despite its being much-reviled on these boards, I would have maintained Copper as an accent color. I'd have had it replace the Silver in the word "UTAH" on the primary logo. I just find it a more unique color than Silver Grey.

Still, the lack of consistency from the font in the logo to the font on the unis is my biggest gripe. The choice is just mind-boggling.

Brian in Boston

Those suck! I am totally unimpressed by them. The wordmark isn't all that wonderful and how about impact (IMPACT!) for a number font!!! fluffing wonderful!

Actually, in looking at the other uniforms and other numbers in the set, that number font is Compacta, not Impact. I can certainly tolerate Compacta, since it's one of the better looking number fonts, in my opinion.

However... neither of the fonts on the jersey exist in the logo. <_< Let's hear it for consistency.

Archived