Utah Jazz Logos, Unis + Info on Bobcats

JamesCraven

Just a reminder that the Utah Jazz will unveil their new unis and logo (inspite of what bs2282 thought) and the Charlotte Bobcats will unveil their inaugural unis on Thursday, June 24th during draft parties in Salt Lake City and Charlotte respectively.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a reminder that the Utah Jazz will unveil their new unis and logo (inspite of what bs2282 thought) and the Charlotte Bobcats will unveil their inaugural unis on Thursday, June 24th during draft parties in Salt Lake City and Charlotte respectively.

Whoa, that's when they're unveiling the jerseys? I'm gonna be there!

Woo, I'll see 'em 'fore you will, nyah nyah...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Don't be so sure :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Okay, I'll see them before most of you will.

:P

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

pssst.. i'll give you 2 bucks to show us now.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

pssst.. i'll give you 2 bucks to show us now.

I don't have em, never seen em... but it's fun to read your pleas, lol.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Like I said, I had to keep the mystery in this.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

and it is everywhere.

each day in the paper (the Harlot Disturber, i mean Charlotte Observer) there's ads everywhere. they're all solid ornage with some goofy tagline about college hoops, or legends of the game, since they want to distance themselves from any connection to the Hornets. billboards appeared starting right after the team was announced, before the official "name-the-team" stuff was released.

after seeing the first group that are from the expansion draft, i wouldn't reconize any of those characters if they were on my doorstep with freebie box tickets in hand.

the photo in waffles post is our statue at the airport (Charlotte-Douglas Intl), which has always been a bit of a joke to us natives. it's posed so the wind is blowing her back, but it more closely resembles a good punch in the gut. Queen Charlotte was the wife of King George 3 (me thinks, 3rd grade was a looong time ago). it's become customary now whenever some type of citywide PR is needed they dress up some of the public art. (ie: Panthers in Super Bowl, jerseys were on some of the downtown statues)

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I can't wait for the Jazz unveiling, since I've been exploding for a about a week now keepin' quiet...

Alright, PANTONE... don't rub it in, you smug bugger! :D

So, seriously... can you at least just give us your honest assessment of what the Jazz are unveiling tomorrow? You know, without telling us what the changes wiil be. Good? Bad? Indifferent? Do you consider them an improvement over what they've worn in the past? A step back?

Give us something... we're beggin' ya'!!!

Brian in Boston

did a little Google-ing and found these bits, not much substance.

abbobcatsfront.jpg

videogame screenshots (old?)

http://www.southfloridaairsoft.com/bobcats1.jpg

http://www.southfloridaairsoft.com/bobcats2.jpg

http://www.southfloridaairsoft.com/bobcats3.jpg

and this write up on the designer:

Charlotte designer Cary Mitchell is in demand these days, designing pants for golfer Tiger Woods and extra-long fashions for Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets. Mitchell also designed the Charlotte Bobcats' uniforms and the fashions you'll see on several of the players in Thursday's NBA draft. Mitchell will appear next Friday on "Best Damn Sports Show Period" (8:30 & 11 p.m., Fox Sports Channel) to critique NBA draft fashions.

When will the Bobcats' uniform be unveiled? Any hints about what'll it look like? "The official date is Aug. 11. It will be an absolute hit with young consumers because of the colors. It's orange for the road and white at home, and everybody from the Bobcats office up to the NBA office is very impressed. It's not radically different from typical NBA uniforms, but there's a few different features that the NBA approved. I can't say what they are, but it will be a surprise.

"It's a different color and era from the Alexander Julian/Hornets stuff, but I think it'll be equally surprising. But I can't tell you any more. I want it to be a surprise."

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived