Utah Jazz Logos, Unis + Info on Bobcats

JamesCraven

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the new Jazz unis...no disrespect to anyone by the Salt Lake but those blow. purple and powder blue with navy as an accent woulda been unique. now we have several teams with samey uniforms :therock: and as noted, it looks like something one of the local rec league teams would don. it's enough the Magic do it. :cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I haven't posted anything on the new Jazz unis yet...

1) I love the home unis. Mucho grande better than the previous ones. Even if they went to the ever popular navy, powder, and white it's still better than their old color melee (purple, powder blue, teal, black, brown, and white) :wacko:.

2) The roads could use some help, but they are an improvement over the old ones. The simplicity of these (and the homes) really do it for me.

They could've come up with a better primary to better convey the whole "Jazz" theme and to match the new unis, but I'd give these a solid B grade anyway because of their color scheme (be it a popular one), decent scripts, and the piping (not stripes) on the sides, something that few-if anyone-do.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

jazzlogo_200.jpg

Sweet Jim Cavezial, the redesigned logo looks like something from the ABA! (Go ahead, I DARE you to say it!)

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

The Utah jerseys are just terribly bland. Everything from the font to the colors to the striping is so generic and devoid of anything unique. And the incongruity between logo and jersey is plain dumb.

The jerseys make the name Utah Jazz seem even stupider, but in a "where do they get off calling themselves the Jazz with uniforms like those" kind of way, rather than a "hey, that's an oxymoron" kind of way.

Survival79 got it right - these uniforms are too uniform.

Regarding the Charlotte Bobcats and their logo and silly cat mascot...

I'm sure you know some guy, usually middle aged, maybe your dad, or your boss, who has absolutely NO FRIGGIN' IDEA of what looks good. The "I'll know I like it when I see it" guy who has no common sense with art. The guy who's wife could paint the house bright red and he'd never notice. The guy who should let someone else make the artistic decisions, etc. I think that guy must be the owner of the team.

How else can you explain it?

As for the Jazz... Still not Jazzy.

....aaaaaand, nothing on the Bobcats...

So, explain to me this:

we've locked several threads, named:

1. Where are the Bobcats new unis?

2. new on bobcats uniforms

3. Here are the new Jazz jerseys.

4. here are the jazz new jerseys

5. New Charlotte Bobcats & Jazz Uniforms?

6. I love purple cobras and the soviet block women who play for them

...and the thread we decided to keep is called *BUMP* ??? Wha-?

Why? Thats the worst name of them all. Can we PLEASE start a new thread for the Bobcats jerseys, named something, i dunno... that CONTAINS the word Bobcat?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Uhhh guys... bad news...

Look what I found, an intervew with Cary Mitchell, the designer for the new Bobcats unis. Looks like we won't be seeing them till later this summer.

When will the Bobcats' uniform be unveiled? Any hints about what'll it look like? "The official date is Aug. 11. It will be an absolute hit with young consumers because of the colors. It's orange for the road and white at home, and everybody from the Bobcats office up to the NBA office is very impressed. It's not radically different from typical NBA uniforms, but there's a few different features that the NBA approved. I can't say what they are, but it will be a surprise.

The whole article can be seen here.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

....aaaaaand, nothing on the Bobcats...

So, explain to me this:

we've locked several threads, named:

1. Where are the Bobcats new unis?

2. new on bobcats uniforms

3. Here are the new Jazz jerseys.

4. here are the jazz new jerseys

5. New Charlotte Bobcats & Jazz Uniforms?

6. I love purple cobras and the soviet block women who play for them

...and the thread we decided to keep is called *BUMP* ??? Wha-?

Why? Thats the worst name of them all. Can we PLEASE start a new thread for the Bobcats jerseys, named something, i dunno... that CONTAINS the word Bobcat?

I agree. I can understand the frustration of regular users of this board, who see the same topic posted repeatedly within a short span of time of one another.

Often this is the result of some people just not paying close enough attention to the board, and just posting topics without bothering to read what has already been discussed. I can definetly understand how this upsets some: not only is it redundant, but it clutters up the board.

But in all fairness, the topic has to be called something other than "BUMP". I was scanning the board for any threads on the new Jazz look, and everything I came up with was locked. It never occurred to me that a thread called "BUMP" would be the one to go to (and, even so, I did a search to find this is the thread to come to -- so score one for me!)

But anyways, with that out of the way

I like the new Jazz jerseys, even though that color sceheme is now officially WAY OVERDONE (though this seems to happen regularly in pro sports with certain color combinations). However, I'm not a big fan of the adjustments to the logo. It just looks too dull now. It doesn't stand out, it's something that is a few shades away from being used as a webpage background.

For goodness sakes, it's just a Topic title! Geez!

ditto

does it really matter when the title is "*BUMP!*, Utah, Charlotte Unis and Jazz Logo"

you might be able to figure out whats inside the thread...by being patient and reading one more line

but come on, august 11?...those LIARS!! thats not fair, dont they ever think about us??

qvAvG.jpg

Well as far as the Utah Jazz is concerned there are two ways you can go- a funky one off style uni to match the name, or a dull as ditchwater thing to match the place. They went for the latter.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

We interrupt this discussion for a short message from a mod...

Were we really getting worked up about a topic title? Ah well... hopefully by altering it to something more descriptive we'll stem the flow of new topics covering the same thing, which is what we were really getting worked up about.

Sorry about not being on the ball regarding this.

...and now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Survival79 - welcome, and not contributing any concepts never stopped me (!)...now that it looks like they're out, I'll post these:

Home Uniforms:

UtahJazz_HU.jpg

Road Uniforms:

UtahJazz_RU.jpg

I still can't believe how bland these are. And, maybe it's just me, but the script "Jazz" on the home and "Utah" on the road remind me of something you'd see in a bad 70's sci-fi movie.

Archived