Fire Buck

jkrdevil

when he and mccarver called the NLCS in 2002 you can tell how biased they were torwards the cardinals because of Joe's daddy. Also they couldnt talk about darryl kile enough <_<

and when lofton got the series clinching it you could hear the disgust in thier voices. it was sweet poetic justice

I hate to be the voice of dissent against you guys, but i have to say that Joe doesn't bother me. I think his voice is smooth, soothing, and perfectly suited to announcing.

That said, i didnt hear the 2002 NLCS call, nor him singing ....at all, ever. Maybe after hearing that stuff I'd be in yoru camp.

Tim McCarver was the one I always wondered why was never fired.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I wonder on both. Buck can be good and he used to be good. But he tries to be funny when he's not. It comes off as annoying when he is supposed to be calling the game but he's not talking about the play when the play happens.

For all the cute stuff he pulls during the lulls in the game, Joe Buck still one of the best in the biz. He rarely messes up and his play-by-play delivery is very solid, and the other ancillary stuff (the singing and bad jokes) I don't mind, mostly because he's not singing "I Love LA" during crucial points in the game.

As far as bias goes, I think they to climb on teams with stories, but most national outlets do because teams with stories appeal to the more casual baseball fans that may not be familiar or interested in the day-to-day of baseball. Last season, it was the Cubs never winning since forever and ditto for the Red Sox, the season before it was the Cards with Darryl Kile, year before that it was the Yankees persevering over tragedy, and so on...

McCarver, I can't stand. Guy thinks he friggin' invented baseball and he's in love with the sound of his own voice. Gaggg...

I dont know about you guys but the worst sports announcer ever is Cris Collinsworth. Why wont he go away?

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Tom Seaver is fun I love how he tells stories about himself being the greatest pitcher of all time and how nobody could hit him and how he is the greatest hall of famer.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I don't mind Joe Buck either. He does have some pretty insight to the game, I've never noticed his bias that much....McCarver is a different story all together. In the ALCS at Fenway, game 3, McCarver went on and on of how Pedro threw Don Zimmer to the ground, but Buck actually stood up for Pedro, saying he was only defending himself from Zimmer's bullrush.

I think in Boston we're kind of spoiled. One of the best announcers for all sports is Sean McDonough. Sean and Jerry Remy (RemDawg) are priceless during Red Sox games. One of the funniest games I watched and heard was the Red Sox 20-something win over the Marlins last year. I can't remember specifically what the two were talking about now, but I only remember laughing for a few innings. After the rout and blowout was on, the two started having their own side conversation. They weren't even doing play by play, but it was still funny to listen to.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think in Boston we're kind of spoiled. One of the best announcers for all sports is Sean McDonough.

There's one thing about the Red Sox I'm jealous of and his name is Sean McDonough.

Ah yes, Sean McDonough. Blue Jays fans know about one Sean McDonough call that will be forever embedded in their minds.

I saw, I came, I left.

You know this board's gotten a little too sketchy at times when I immediately assume the worst of this topic and wonder what "Bire" is.

LOL! :D

That didnt even cross my mind... good mod instincts, though! lol.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I know it's heresy here in St. Louis to say anything bad about Joe Buck, but frankly I'm not a fan. It would be one thing if he was trying to emulate his dad, but he's trying to go the path of another adopted St. Louisan, Bob Costas. He's made it very clear that sports is just his stepping stone to becoming more of a general media personality and that to me is a little annoying.

And I would tend to agree with ICS regarding the 2002 NLCS - it was almost embarassing how biased the coverage was and how overdone the Darryl Kile story was played.

I don't mind Joe Buck at all. I hate McCarver, that guy is CRAP. I also would say Collinsworth is garbage.

Best Announcers:

Al Michaels

Bob Costas

Gary Thorne (so shoot me)

Bob Davis (Jayhawks/Royals T.V.)

Denny Matthews (Royals Radio)

Worst Announcers:

Madden

McCarver

Ian Eagle

Archived