NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is where the Eagles "spread" offense sucks.

But that snow doe!

31-0 Chiefs, can't say I expected anything better, can we just fire Shanahan already? This is a goddam disaster in Washington.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Blame Shanahan all you want, but Griffin is the one who rushed himself back with all the talk and Adidas ads. Either RG3 never fully recovered, or he's just a bust.

No. Shanahan kept him in risking him on a slick turf in the playoff game when he was doing nothing but limping around, everyone was calling for Cousins, and RG3 may have wanted to come back, but a player always wants to be able to play, healthy or not, Shanahan and the coaches are there to tell him he needs to heal up more. Shanahan and the coaching staff will take the blame when RG3's career burst into flames, the only question left will be was the 3 First Round picks worth 1 playoff appearance?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Sad thing is it will cost one of these teams a playoff berth.

Sunny and 80°, someone would still lose. If the weather dictates that you need to be the team that fumbles less, then be the team that fumbles less. Otherwise, we need to build domes for all 32 teams.

Bull. Has there been an nba game where they say "OK, no dunks today"? Or "no 3s for this one?"

I mean I do get that in football it technically is part of the game, but at this level, with the amount of money that's invested and on the line every game (not talking gambling - I couldn't care less about anyone who loses money betting on a game like this), it's just not "good for business".

I played in snow in high school and thought it was great. Of course, people were t paying $hundreds to watch star athletes who can't do their thing because of the elements.

At this point, I'd put Mike Vick in - he's 10x tougher than Foles and has at least seen snow before.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sad thing is it will cost one of these teams a playoff berth.

Sunny and 80°, someone would still lose. If the weather dictates that you need to be the team that fumbles less, then be the team that fumbles less. Otherwise, we need to build domes for all 32 teams.

Bull. Has there been an nba game where they say "OK, no dunks today"? Or "no 3s for this one?"

I mean I do get that in football it technically is part of the game, but at this level, with the amount of money that's invested and on the line every game (not talking gambling - I couldn't care less about anyone who loses money betting on a game like this), it's just not "good for business".

I played in snow in high school and thought it was great. Of course, people were t paying $hundreds to watch star athletes who can't do their thing because of the elements.

At this point, I'd put Mike Vick in - he's 10x tougher than Foles and has at least seen snow before.

So what's the solution? No games above the 39th parallel after November? Postpone the game? I get that you don't think it's the way a game should be decided or it ruins the integrity of the season but what's the alternative?

This is absolutely amazing. I just turned on the game after seeing this thread, and saw a closeup of the field... there is a legit 3" of snow over the whole field. I would love for the Super Bowl to be a giant mess like this.

I don't have an answer. They did postpone a game a couple years ago, which I thought was good, but not really a viable long term solution.

The other thing is that it puts fans and employees at risk getting to and from the game. I get that people deal with this every day , but not with 70k people trying to get in and out of the same place, and alcohol involved.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is absolutely amazing. I just turned on the game after seeing this thread, and saw a closeup of the field... there is a legit 3" of snow over the whole field. I would love for the Super Bowl to be a giant mess like this.

No. No you wouldn't. At least if the Bills were playing. I'd rather the league championship be determined by the players rather than outside elements.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This weather is unavoidable in the regular season. The living room tough guys seem to really enjoy it, but the quality of the games is diminished.

I can't wait for 2 weeks of "#1 Broncos vs. #1 Seahawks! Manning vs. Wilson! Unstoppable offenses!" to turn into Knowshon Moreno vs. Marshawn Lynch trading 3 yard gains.

PJU85JF.png

No. No you wouldn't. At least if the Bills were playing. I'd rather the league championship be determined by the players rather than outside elements.

That sounds nice, but the NFL decided to chase the NYC dream instead. I want it to be a giant mess. Fans of 30 teams won't really care because their teams aren't in it, fans of one team won't care because their team won, and fans of one team will think they got screwed by the weather. A Super Bowl is always kind of a crap shoot, anyway.

Edit: The Bills being in a Super Bowl sounds so far-fetched, I have a hard time putting myself in that state of mind.

Can't even fairly replay close calls because of the visibility. How can you tell if someone stepped on a line?

Can't even fairly replay close calls because of the visibility. How can you tell if someone stepped on a line?

I guess they'll just have to trust the refs... like they did for the first 90 years.

New England is getting Clevejacked today and Gronkowski is hurt.

I would call Gronkowski "the white Derrick Rose", but Gronk had back surgery in college so he was previously injured while Rose did not even take his own SAT for his one year at Memphis.

I guess they'll just have to trust the refs... like they did for the first 90 years.

They could also trust leather helmets too - or, have a couple games per season where players have to wear them.

Archived