Uni Watch Power Rankings 2013: MLB

Jungle Jim

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a few days late with NBA but I don't understand how the Cavaliers are ranked 24th and "the only thing they have going is the waist stripe, but the Celtics are #1... The Cavs is pretty much a modern take on the Celtics jerseys, but they're 23 spots lower... (and its not just because i'm a cavs fan)

I'm a huuuge fan of the Cavs set. Very simple, elegant. Hopefully they keep it and have some success in it, just to cement it as their long time look. They've changed too much over the years, they need to just find a nice set and stick with it.

Agreed with all this. I love this set and hope it sticks. I particularly love the lack of white at home. The Cavs are definitely a team that needs to pick something and stick with it. I hope it is this

I understand why Lukas and others do not like it but it is top 5 for me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm a few days late with NBA but I don't understand how the Cavaliers are ranked 24th and "the only thing they have going is the waist stripe, but the Celtics are #1... The Cavs is pretty much a modern take on the Celtics jerseys, but they're 23 spots lower... (and its not just because i'm a cavs fan)

I'm a huuuge fan of the Cavs set. Very simple, elegant. Hopefully they keep it and have some success in it, just to cement it as their long time look. They've changed too much over the years, they need to just find a nice set and stick with it.

Agreed with all this. I love this set and hope it sticks. I particularly love the lack of white at home. The Cavs are definitely a team that needs to pick something and stick with it. I hope it is this

I understand why Lukas and others do not like it but it is top 5 for me.

Same here. I absolutely love what they wear. The wine and gold look so nice together.

-BigBubba

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

This is the first time I've stumbled upon this thread, and forgive me for my homerness, but there is no justification to why the Panthers are the "3rd worst" in the NFL, and even "7th worst" in freakin major sports. All he points to is a link showing how they won a that fan poll championing the "Greatest Uniform in NFL History", which he nor the Panthers had control of. I'm not saying its the best, personally, it's middle of the pack for me. It's all opinionated, I know, but still, my point still heeds word. Then again, Paul Lukas is an ass. /rantover

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Why are the panthers #30. and there is no description. all he put is hahahahaha with a link to the best uniform poll. am i the only one that thinks the panthers are atleast within the top half of the league?

Nope I'm with you. They've had the same look since their inception and I love it. Unlike their counterparts the Jaguars, who started with a good set and just got gradually worse. Sure there's a lot of teal, but there's no mistaking them when they're on the field. Unique.

sig.png

What I took from this thread more than anything else is that Paul Lukas makes people really, really angry. And half the time it's someone who apparently just fell off the turnip truck and is like "WHOOOOO is THIS person who thinks HE has the right to rate UNIFORMS???" and it's like, well....

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What I took from this thread more than anything else is that Paul Lukas makes people really, really angry. And half the time it's someone who apparently just fell off the turnip truck and is like "WHOOOOO is THIS person who thinks HE has the right to rate UNIFORMS???" and it's like, well....

True, everyone should just take Lukas with a grain of salt. He's no more informed about uniforms than any one of us. He's just been given a bigger soapbox and admittedly makes good use of it. But in the end he's just an opinonated fan with his take on 30 (or 32 NFL) uniforms.

True, everyone should just take Lukas with a grain of salt. He's no more informed about uniforms than any one of us. He's just been given a bigger soapbox and admittedly makes good use of it. But in the end he's just an opinonated fan with his take on 30 (or 32 NFL) uniforms.

This. He's a pretentious douchebag who uses his uni/sports blog to push his political agenda in a place where many people go to get away from that kind of stuff.

He's so absurd and over the top with alot of his ideas. I said earlier in the thread, I'd be thrilled if Chris did something similar. There's no reason why that tool should be the authority on unis/logos.

2ly2w09.jpg

This. He's a pretentious douchebag who uses his uni/sports blog to push his political agenda in a place where many people go to get away from that kind of stuff.

He's so absurd and over the top with alot of his ideas. I said earlier in the thread, I'd be thrilled if Chris did something similar. There's no reason why that tool should be the authority on unis/logos.

Paul Lukas isn't the authority on unis and logos. He is man with an opinion just like you and me. He's just the lucky one who has a huge audience to voice his opinion. His word is not gospel. Not everyone is going to agree with his rankings, there is even a feature to do your own rankings if you want to do so. And him using his blog push his political agenda? Really? Come on.

Paul Lukas isn't the authority on unis and logos. He is man with an opinion just like you and me. He's just the lucky one who has a huge audience to voice his opinion. His word is not gospel. Not everyone is going to agree with his rankings, there is even a feature to do your own rankings if you want to do so. And him using his blog push his political agenda? Really? Come on.

Apparently quite a few of you are naive as to what he is actually doing. The guy is a freelance writer who writes on a variety of topics but primarily focuses on the many aspects of desgin. He created a blog which stemmed from a column that he wrote for Village Voice back in the day. His blog is his pet project which is 100% editorial/opinion based. He often makes cultural references and delves into other topics that interests him including politics. He also writes for espn.com which covers similar topics in a more traditional news outlet fashion.

My Opinion: He's really got a vintage/retro/nostalgia slant that influences a lot of his opinions on uniforms which creates a really narrow view. Other than being a critic I think his sports knowledge is really lacking both historically and current especially how it relates to the evolution of equipment and uniforms. His ticker often posts links to unfounded rumors or horrible amateur made photoshops. Much like any other blog you can tell there are times he really has to reach to generate content just to keep traffic coming (wire service, collectors corner etc.)

With that being said take it for what it is and stop whining about what you don't like. If you think you can do better start your own blog.

Yeah In hindsight I'm really glad I edited my post. That one could have lead to all sorta of bad things.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived