Uni Watch Power Rankings 2013: MLB

Jungle Jim

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Lukas is a complete assclown.

I can't remember the last time I went on that site, which sucks because I'm a uni/logo enthusiast. But I'll stick to this place.

I'd love for Chris to be on a similar level in terms of attention and getting perks for being a uni guy, not that DB.

2ly2w09.jpg

It bothers me how Lukas always ranks the Tribe near the bottom because of Wahoo. Whether you consider the logo racist or not, you do have to admit that they have very nice looking jerseys. It's silly.

i agree. when critiquing uniforms, i keep the logos separate. placement and application of the logos is one thing, but i don't think its fair to judge a uniform based on what the logo looks like. however, if i'm going to pick my personal favorite uniforms, i would consider the entire identity

and Cardinals at #1? man, baseball is so boring

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It bothers me how Lukas always ranks the Tribe near the bottom because of Wahoo. Whether you consider the logo racist or not, you do have to admit that they have very nice looking jerseys. It's silly.

I don't entirely agree. That logo is still a very key part of their identity. It's still on one of their caps and (correct me if I am wrong) it's a sleeve patch on all of their jerseys.

Either way, he sort of gives an aside in that little description (as opposed to other teams where he gives a twitter-esque) critique. There could be other reasons he rated them so low.

I know if I were to rank the MLB uniforms, I would not be able to get around wahoo as long as it's a key part of the uniform. They seem to be slowly reducing it's significance, but it still shows up on the uniform every day.

And I also don't think "you have to admit they have very nice looking jerseys". Some people think they are too bland. Without wahoo, I'd still probably rate 'em just below the middle.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

i agree. when critiquing uniforms, i keep the logos separate. placement and application of the logos is one thing, but i don't think its fair to judge a uniform based on what the logo looks like. however, if i'm going to pick my personal favorite uniforms, i would consider the entire identity

The Cardinals have a giant logo on their uniform. They're your example of boring?

In any case, the Cardinals DON'T deserve to be #1 IMO. Not with the crap they pulled on the uniforms this year. Hate the number of combinations they now wear. Truly that on a weekend home series, they wear a different set each day.

The Cardinals have a giant logo on their uniform. They're your example of boring?

In any case, the Cardinals DON'T deserve to be #1 IMO. Not with the crap they pulled on the uniforms this year. Hate the number of combinations they now wear. Truly that on a weekend home series, they wear a different set each day.

Even so, I still think the Cards are one of the best looking teams. But they did look better last year and curse them for (nearly) dropping the blue cap.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I wish he gave more reason for the Nats low placement than "LOL 3 caps."

Especially since the team he ranked #1 has 3 caps.

There is that, plus the Nationals identity has way more issue than multiple caps:

1. The 'W' still looks like Walgreen's

2. The blue alternates look awful with the Stars & Stripes W

3. The Nationals script and the DC logo are pretty nice but are de-emphasised for the W on everything

4. The number font went well with the initial look, but since they refreshed to be more classical and lose teh bevels, it doesn't work as well.

I hate the Yankees as much as a Red Sox fan, but their pinstripes are among the best in sports, period. Even though theyre 7th, they should be higher. Ahead of the Phillies, A's, and maybe even my Tigers.

I agree. In fact I'd put 'em #1. But they do parallel the Tigers nicely. Cap logos that differ from the home jersey chest logo; iconic home jersey; so/so road jersey. I'd give a slight nod to the Yanks because as much as I love the Tigers' home jersey, the pinstripes are just a bit more iconic. I'd also argue that the Yankees have struggled a bit less with their road jerseys (e.g., the Tigers actually went pullover for a bit), though today both teams are roughly equal at the present time. And kudos to the Yanks for sticking with one cap and two jerseys.

POTD (Shared)

Ya these are opinionated for the most part...

The Rockies are back because the dude hates purple so much, The Nats are too far back because "too many caps" and like recently stated, the Indians are too far back because of Chief Wahoo. The Braves are too far back, probably because he doesn't like the name, and "Too many jerseys" and I don't think the Cards are #1 I would say either Toronto, Oakland, or Baltimore (I'm a sucker for the bird head :P )

spacer.png

Archived