Stevens Wright

werbear

Very interesting article, and thanks for sharing. My thought as I was looking through it was that the Bills logo was so many light years ahead of all his other designs, and it wasn't even close. Was it because the others were just rough drafts that would have been refined if selected?

Oh, and if you're over 45-50 years old, I'll bet this guy popped into your head for at least a split second when you saw the thread title...

s-wright.jpg

I have to agree, Jungle Jim: it strikes me that the Bills logo update was clearly Wright's "lightning-in-a-bottle" success insofar as his work for NFL Properties was concerned. The other logos are nothing special.

As an aside, I was in attendance on the day Wright's logo was summarily - and loudly - dismissed by Patriots fans. The booing that took place didn't edge out cheering in favor of the logo. The negative reaction to the proposed Pats' logo was deafening. Let's put it this way: if there were fans in favor of the new logo in attendance that day, they could have traveled home together on a tandem bicycle.

Frankly, John Wiebusch's assertion that Wright's Patriots logo was "light years better than" the Pat Patriot mark was laughable. There's no denying that Pat Patriot was - and remains - an overly-detailed, cartoon-like illustration. That said, Wright's design was a clunky, almost immediately-dated product of its era.

Very interesting article, and thanks for sharing. My thought as I was looking through it was that the Bills logo was so many light years ahead of all his other designs, and it wasn't even close. Was it because the others were just rough drafts that would have been refined if selected?

Oh, and if you're over 45-50 years old, I'll bet this guy popped into your head for at least a split second when you saw the thread title...

s-wright.jpg

I'll be 31 on Tuesday and he was the first thing that popped in my head.

s-wright.jpg

I'll be 31 on Tuesday and he was the first thing that popped in my head.
32, and same here.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

s-wright.jpg

Better yet that the Red Sox now have a pitcher named Steven Wright, though I don't believe this is his headshot:

steven-wright-red-sox.png

I do like Wrights new Vikings logo the last of the bunch not the one on the helmet it looks great & similar to the redesign this year.

I would have like to seen his sketches for Bills logo though because it is a lot different than the rest of his work.

s-wright.jpg

25 and first thing I thought of

Archived