Some College Football Stuff

colinturner95

College football is well under way, and I'm fixing/re envisioning/adding things to some teams. Some teams get drastically changed, some don't and i'll remind you that this is college football, it can get crazy.

tcu_zps61b78d60.png?t=1379797629

TCU may have unveiled the coolest football uniform of the year, and I think its a great look. I like the new pattern, so I applied it to the uniform. Red is more prevalent, as it flows with the set and because it's college football, HELMETS, HELMETS, HELMETS! Purple, Black, Grey and Blood Eyes are the helmets in rotation for TCU. I don't know who's up next, no requests for now please. I'm thinking of a PAC 12 school next maybe, idk. Stay tuned

AmPJ0Ty.png 

These are nice, but I don't like the red on the jersey, it adds a really unnecessary color that doesn't go with the color scheme at all.

Nike said the reason they have the red line on the side is because a horned frog's defense mechanism is shooting blood out of its eyes at its enemies. The red line looks like it's coming out of the player's eyes from the side.

spacer.png

These are nice, but I don't like the red on the jersey, it adds a really unnecessary color that doesn't go with the color scheme at all.

Nike said the reason they have the red line on the side is because a horned frog's defense mechanism is shooting blood out of its eyes at its enemies. The red line looks like it's coming out of the player's eyes from the side.

Yes, but it's kind of crazy when you're talking about 4 colors on one set.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I'm a fan of that new pattern as well, and I like it on the uniforms. It could be a little more subtle though - for the colorways I would stick to dark grey/light grey and purple/black. Purple or black mixed with grey is too much contrast. I also think the jerseys could use a little red. A thin tapering shoulder loop might work.

Um...

fe53k721mrugqx0zhofzfzbut.gif

You sure about that?

Yes, When has red been featured as a primary or secondary color for TCU?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Um...

You sure about that?

It may not be a primary or secondary color, but its been around TCU since the 2009 Pro Combats came out. The helmet stripes on the 09 and 10 Pro Combats were representative of the blood the horned frog shoots from its eyes. I like it because it adds a level of contrast from purple and black

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Um...

You sure about that?

I was referring to you saying that red doesn't go with the color scheme. Regardless of it being necessary or not, I'd say it fits. And I'm not the only one who's said that.

I'm a TCU fan who was skeptical about putting red in the uniforms, myself. But I think it works. With the RIGHT AMOUNT of red, it could work full time.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Highly untrue. With their purple and black being of such similar shades, the red accenting helps to break up the way they meld together with little contrast. It's also one of the more unique color schemes in today's sports world that also manages to be visually pleasing.

Midway.png

tcu2_zps37cc4fb6.png?t=1380054482

Ok so I got rid of the high contrast patterns (purple/grey, purple/red) and use only the purple/black, black/grey, light grey/dark grey through out the uniform. All the number outlines are red which given the amount of red before, I think this is the right amount.

So I said the PAC 12 would be up next, but I'm gonna retract that for now and tell you that aTm is up next.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So the loss of my thumb drive pushed this back, but it gave me time to rethink my idea and give A&M a new look, even though there is nothing wrong with the look they just got.

aggies_zps805e4910.png

Like I said, there is nothing wrong with the double stripe, its unique and well executed but I think this says A&M a little bit more. So I gave the jersey a singe stripe with a beveled star in it. There really isn't much of a difference between the current look and these. The newest jersey is grey, and not grey for grey's sake, but to pay homage to the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band, who wears grey uniforms, and the black uniforms from last year look minimally different. Pants reflect the jerseys, which may be the only problem with the current uniforms (2 striped jerseys to 1 stripe pants). Helmets are a little interesting. All the helmets have the aTm logo, but with the Texas outline, and white helmet remains the same. The maroon and black helmets are basically inverses with each other, because the maroon has a maroon to black gradient, while the black goes to maroon. "T Star" logo is on the back, I left stripes off because it just didn't look right. C &C welcome and now I'll start working on the PAC 12 team

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived