NHL Concepts - Black is Back in 'Lumbus

SuperLeafsFan

Hey guys, considering it's a brand new hockey year, I figured that I'd fix the teams that needed it the most, starting with Ottawa. I know I'm a Leafs fan, but Ottawa's jerseys are just cookie-cutter messes. I decided to go back to the alternate from 2000 as my main inspiration. I loved that sweater, and I miss seeing it on the ice. I tweaked the home to be red, brought back the Peace Tower shoulder patch and made a home jersey to match. The alternate jersey stays the same, as it's a great thowback jersey.

1378721_735502029799592_1153625113_n.jpg

What do you guys think about this as a set? I'm open to your suggestions.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

If you're coloring your concepts in Paint, don't shrink the image size before posting them. Pixelation is a big no-no.

How do I fix that? I didn't shrink the image.

Do you save them as a jpeg? If so, that's probably why they are pixelated.

Exactly. Always save your Paint stuff as PNG. That way, you can always go back and change stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back! Sorry it took so long, but I've been busy. Anyway here's Minnesota:1384014_744181365598325_161985235_n.jpgI wanted to go for a simple look, but I also wanted to keep designs from the original set. I believe I've done that here and gave them a look that includes Wheat all around. What do you think?

P.S. Both photos have been PNG, and I tired seeing if Flickr would work better but I don't know how to get links for here. Can anyone help me out there?

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

Good set! Third jersey is the script I'm guessing.

Thanks, and yeah, the third stays.

You could fix the phantom yoke by removing the red outline and having it totally wheat.

like the current third

Well, the phantom yoke pays homage to these, also known as the "Green Gaboriks": (So no to the wheat-only yoke)

wildgreen.jpg

Nice stuff here. Nothing really too crazy in the designs, but good solid work.

Senators: Good set, marred by the blurred resolution on the image. Not a huge fan of the shoulder patch, looks a little too big, and I feel that the Sens have other designs that might work better for the secondary. To be fair it does work for the white Hershey as it gives a nice bit if life and color to the top of the jersey... It gets lost on the red jersey though, might work better reversed colors to stand out more?

I like the trim on the stripes, I think its unnecessary on the collar though. It makes the collar a bit too busy, whereas I feel simpler is better in that area of a jersey since it's such a small space. 7.5/10

Wild: I quite like this actually, nice homage to their original set while simplifying some things. Good striping, very solid look, could definitely compete with their current set.

I realize you wanted to add more wheat to the jersey, however I feel the road looks better than the home... The green home looks alright with the wheat being more dominant, but I feel if you switched back to the red being more dominant like in the roads it would make the set just feel more complete. As is now the striping clashes with the pants striping... Which may seem minor but is an important part of a hockey uniform's look to me.

Otherwise really nice work. 8.5/10

Enjoying your stuff, would be very curious to see what you come up with for the Canucks.

Alright so here's Columbus:

1383578_746348595381602_1252987121_n.jpgYes. Black. The jackets original third jersey was creative. It shouldn't have worked but it did. I brang it back along with the old logo, and made a road jersey to match that looks a little different, but still goes along with the home. C and C?

Up next....

1.Flames

2.Hawks

3.Sharks

4.Canucks

Archived