NFL Hockey Crossover - AFC West

GriffinM6

I've just been casually lurking in this thread, but I wanna say you've been doing a great job. I've liked most of the concepts, and the throwbacks are fun to see. Only recent one I'm not a fan of is Jacksonville. I get the chevron look to tie into the military theme, but it doesn't work for me. Maybe something a little more out there. And some reflective material, which Nike has used on their Olympic sweaters.

Yeah. A lot of people haven't been fans of Jacksonville. As soon as I finish the Western teams, I'll go back redo the Jags. I'll try my best to be "out there" with them.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the outdoor Jags concept, I wouldn't mind you just recolor those and use them as the home and away. We only have the 2 western divisions left right?

That is correct. And I'm going to be "out there" when I do this new Jags concept. Once again, that will be done at the conclusions of the western teams though.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I gotta hand it to ya, these are incredible. It's not that the concepts are varied, or well-presented, or well-thought out, which they all are, it's how realistic they look. You could present these to someone who doesn't know the NFL and claim it's an upstart minor league, and they'd think it incredible. You've used their already-existing identities flawlessly, and you've translated their looks, rather than just copying stripes and pasting them on hockey jerseys, you thought it out and made something new that looks like it already exists. Plus, you didn't overdo it, trying to shoehorn in every option of alternate, every throwback you could think of as alternates...no, you made some nice outdoor games, which both tips a hat to the old designs and adds to the realism. It's really super-impressive how realistic you've done these. Really, I think that's why there's a lack of comment, they really don't need tweaks, they're perfect. It's amazing.

I hope, at the end, when all's said and done, you figure a way to present them all for sharing's sake. Something that isn't easily stolen, gives ample credit to yourself, and is easy to share a link of them all without all of these comments to interrupt.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I gotta hand it to ya, these are incredible. It's not that the concepts are varied, or well-presented, or well-thought out, which they all are, it's how realistic they look. You could present these to someone who doesn't know the NFL and claim it's an upstart minor league, and they'd think it incredible. You've used their already-existing identities flawlessly, and you've translated their looks, rather than just copying stripes and pasting them on hockey jerseys, you thought it out and made something new that looks like it already exists. Plus, you didn't overdo it, trying to shoehorn in every option of alternate, every throwback you could think of as alternates...no, you made some nice outdoor games, which both tips a hat to the old designs and adds to the realism. It's really super-impressive how realistic you've done these. Really, I think that's why there's a lack of comment, they really don't need tweaks, they're perfect. It's amazing.

I hope, at the end, when all's said and done, you figure a way to present them all for sharing's sake. Something that isn't easily stolen, gives ample credit to yourself, and is easy to share a link of them all without all of these comments to interrupt.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I plan on making a dribble account or something like that and posting these once it's all done. This C&C makes me feel so good. Thanks again.

spacer.png

Good lord the black alt is a thing of beauty. I like subtle integration of black on the main home & away and then the BFBS on the alt. That's the right way to use black as a tertiary color.

It's good to see you're finally getting the appreciation you deserve for this series, it really is a thing of beauty. It's a shame it went so unnoticed for so long. Your work has been stellar thus far, and I'm really looking forward for what you have in store for the rest of the west (especially the Seahawks and Jags re-do).

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Tbh I'm really not feeling Seattle. I think it would be much improved if you used that tribal art like they do on the numbers, instead of how you have them like they appear on the helmet. Just my 2 cents.

Archived