Nitroseed's Survivor Series Tournament

nitroseed

Well, this Series will probably last (no exaggeration) about two months at a minimum, and about 4 months max. If there is another one, then it won't be for a long time, and people may have come and gone by then. So, yes, everyone would be selected for new teams. And if you're down about being on the benches, don't give up yet. People may drop out along the way, so be ready.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we have had yet another participant bow out, this time due to a rather sticky situation with one of the matchups.

AbbeyBF42 of Team 3 originally PMed me to say that she would be out for the first round of the Quarterfinals, but would be back for round two. I decided to work something out so that she could still participate since she'd only be missing one week. I suggested that for the first round, one of their opponents' members could sit out to make it a 2-on-2 match, and then whichever team won would not pick an elimination, but would rather regain their third member. Both teams seemed to be in favor of this plan...

However, JungleBook45 of Nemesis Design Alliance (Team 3's opponent) has brought it to my attention that he will be gone for round 2 of the Quarters, and has volunteered to withdraw out of respect to GMac and epper.

Thus is my dilemma. There are only two options that I could come up with:

1) I can simply replace JungleBook45 with an alternate, and continue the 2-on-2 scenario.

2) Since it wouldn't be fair to JB45 to allow Abbey to stay if he's dropping out, to simplify everything, I could replace them both, however that doesn't seem all that fair to Abbey either.

So... I need some advice here from the general public. What would be more fair? And if you have any other suggestions, let me hear them.

While I like both folks in question, and want them to be able to participate, I think that since we havent yet begun, now is the time for getting team members who can be available the whole time.

There are several anxious folks on the bench, and they should get their chance to get in, assumign they see no reason at this point that they will not be available all weeks.

Again, I like both parties in question. I am just afraid this contest will be so demanding and wicked, it may really take full attention.

But, thats just my opinion. And its worth what you paid for it.

B)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

While I like both folks in question, and want them to be able to participate, I think that since we havent yet begun, now is the time for getting team members who can be available the whole time.

There are several anxious folks on the bench, and they should get their chance to get in, assumign they see no reason at this point that they will not be available all weeks.

Again, I like both parties in question. I am just afraid this contest will be so demanding and wicked, it may really take full attention.

But, thats just my opinion. And its worth what you paid for it.

B)

I agree with paynomind on this one. He makes a very solid point and a sincere argument for the alternates to keep the integrity of the contest. I really need this contest to go off without a hitch to complete my story, so i have a selfish interest in it - and that's all. I'm also Switzerland in the whole thing - neutral all the way. So give heed to payno's suggestion. It's fair

You should have said that there was a deadline where alternates couldn't be selected.

Please don't turn this into a car crash. I need a happy and rousing ending for my screenplay, nitro.

as a party to this event we could make our quarter final a simple 2 on 2 and who who ever continues to the next round so be it... then the missing member from qurters can join in the semis... not that i got a problem with any of the alternative pool... either way doesnt bother me i can always open up the NDA warroom to a new member...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Put me in coach.

Im ready to play.

Ps. if you dont, ill go to the media demanding a trade to Fanhome.

You're ready to play?

Today?

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Put me in coach.

Im ready to play.

Ps. if you dont, ill go to the media demanding a trade to Fanhome.

don't do it, nitro...that bitch has no place in this tournament....fool doesn't even know what a bezier pen is!

fool doesn't even know what a bezier pen is!

Hell.. sounds like a reason to let him in. Another easy victim!

ΓΔΒ!

We're less than 24 hours away from the kickoff of the Survivor Series!!!

Here's the scoop: Abbey and JungleBook45 will both be replaced, regrettably, but it's the only fair decision I can come to. There are other very eager alternates waiting in the wings. I sincerely apologize, Abbey; I tried to work it out, but it didn't happen.

The other interesting note: Braden is apparently AWOL. If I don't hear word from him very quickly, I'll have to replace him. Vic has expressed his concern, and I have to accomodate his team if Braden is not available.

So... three new players may be chosen in the next few hours! Everyone stay tuned.

The other interesting note: Braden is apparently AWOL. If I don't hear word from him very quickly, I'll have to replace him. Vic has expressed his concern, and I have to accomodate his team if Braden is not available.

Practice? Ya'll are talkin' 'bout PRACTICE. Is that what this is all about - PRACTICE?

uh oh... team darkhorse has the chance to get very good very quickly... not saying that they sucked before but still 2 new members and some of the people left in the alternates pool... wow...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived