Interesting, the rink in Detroit for the WHA....

habsfannova

I thought the WHA got rid of the center red line...? Anyway, that looks so bizarre with those blue curtains back there.

They just set that up for the pictures. Notice the goals in the pictures are lacrosse goalsn and the boards aren't rounded.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I thought the WHA got rid of the center red line...? Anyway, that looks so bizarre with those blue curtains back there.

They just set that up for the pictures. Notice the goals in the pictures are lacrosse goalsn and the boards aren't rounded.

Maybe they should used lacrosse goals anyway. Just to be different. :P

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Right. When most people say "eliminate the red line," what they mean to say is "make the two-line offside pass legal," not that the red line will be removed from the rink.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

After looking at that rink, I honestly do not think that it's the real rink. If you look at the boards, there are no gates. Usually, you'll have doors where the bench and all of that stuff goes. I honestly think that it's what they use for the "Stars on Ice" gimmic.

dodgers-1.png

After looking at that rink, I honestly do not think that it's the real rink.  If you look at the boards, there are no gates.  Usually, you'll have doors where the bench and all of that stuff goes.  I honestly think that it's what they use for the "Stars on Ice" gimmic.

It's obviously not the real thing. There's no boards, no glass, lacrosse goals, no benches, no boxes, no nothing. This is just a mockup for spacing I'm guessing, and to show fans what the seating arrangement will be in the Dome when hockey's going on.

Edit...forgot to mention...there's no ice.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

No way that's a computer mockup. Too any details on the cement, boards, ceiling, seats, and walls that Senticore wouldn't have bothered to put in.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Never said all of it was --but I do believe it is a computer mockup in part--those lines for example do not look real--what they may have done is took a picture before/after a lacrosse game and worked it to look like this...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived