Bundesliga 2020 Series - Soccer!

Berlin Wall

ST. PAULI!

I'd actually use the third as the primary; the darker look seems to suit them.

As for that plaid for Hamburg, I'd try to make it more of a true plaid, with interlocking diagonal stripes and all that. That might make the look less jarring.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see two Kult clubs strongly represented in your Bundesliga - both are looking sharp, although I prefer the St Pauli third over the home.

Just on the Union away shirt - is the band on the chest supposed to slope? I think it just jars a little due to the rectangular crest.

Yes it is. I actually just did this so that the Adidas-Logo sits in the middle of the stripe. ^^

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

2ecjasx.jpg

Founded: 1900
Population: 255,087
BuLi Titles (1963-): 1970, 1971, 1975, 1976, 1977
Previous German Titles: -

b5jl6x.jpg

Borussia Mönchengladbach is one of the most popular clubs in Germany and was the dominating team in the 70s. In the last decades they actually played a lot of seasons in the second German League. But in the last few years they kinda took the Borussia Dortmund way and now they are again a Top-5-Club in the league (that's also because other traditional Top-Teams like Bremen, Stuttgart or Hamburg are struggling).

Gladbach traditionally wears some very simple white home uniforms with black and/or green accents. For the away shirt I took anthracite and I added a sky blue and green Alternate!

2aflic5.jpg

33pfssz.jpg2h731a1.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I was worried about Dortmund but damn you made those kits look nice. Even though they use only 2 colours, they always have a design that is unique and you hit it!

The Second HSV kit looks really interesting, I like the tartan design. It's out their, but not too detailed.

I really like the third M'Gladbach kit too, maybe because of the unique colouring.

You've done some great work here—well done.

As a fellow Hertha supporter, I've been trying to get a gauge on this but have had a hard time getting anything definite... how do you, as a Hertha supporter, view Union?

I love them, really! Back when the wall was still there Hertha and Union had a fan friendship and the Hertha supporters tried to support the fans of Union in the east as they were a concept of an enemy for the GDR government. After the wall fell there was a huge friendship game between both clubs in the Olympic Stadium. It was kind of a huge soccer party in Berlin.

Sadly, there isn't much of that love from back of the days between both fangroups today. There still is a part of both fans that support the old friendship (like me) but especially the younger fans kinda want to force i rivalry.

The next one is a huge surprise!

6glqgx.jpg

Founded: 1949
Population: 16,879
BuLi Titles (1963-): -
East German Titles: 1956, 1957, 1959

2jalv80.jpg

The FC Erzgebirge Aue from a small village in Saxony would definitely be a underdog in the league like Braunschweig currently is. The club actually isn't really well known in Germany today but they are quite nice. They played very successful as Wismut Aue in the East German League and so have a big tradition. The special thing about the club is their fanbase. They are very loyal and the team attracts fans from all over East Germany. For a village with just 17,000 inhabs they have a huge fanbase!

But well, I also chose them because of the colours purple and white and because I needed a Club from South-East-Germany!

For the kits I brought an old design of Wismut Aue back, purple shirts with white arms.

33mycjm.jpg301pla8.jpgv4m6b6.jpg

Love Aue, what is it 5 teams left? I bet Bayern Munich is last.

Your concepts are well-made and executed to perfection, but the shocking part is the rate that you pump these out. It doesn't seem human to make them this good, and post them this fast. My mind is blown, excellent work Berlin Wall.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Thanks. And it's just two teams left after the next one!

33bcz1v.jpg

Founded: 1899
Population: 687,775 (metro area: 5,5 million)
Previous German Titles: 1959

nbavk0.jpg

Eintracht Frankfurt is a very traditional German Football Club. They had successful times but they were actually rare. It's kind of the same case as Hertha. They even reached the Champions League final in 1960 and they also played very good seasons in the 90s with players like Jay Jay Okocha! In the recent years they played a few seasons in the second league but they are imo a very essential part of the Bundesliga.

Frankfurt traditionally wears black and red stripes at home and a white away shirt. For the Alternate I went with orange and an old crest!

i3vt77.jpg2pselaa.jpgqy64js.jpg

I'm going to guess that the last two teams are Bayern and 1860. With two teams from both Hamburg and Berlin, there is probably 2 from Munich as well! :)

As a Hamburg SV fan, (and as you mentioned an automatic hater of St. Pauli) I don't think the away kit with the tartan works, but I like how you snuck the top of "die Raute" onto the back of the collar and other locations of the uniform.

Thank you!

28umliv.jpg

Founded: 1900
Population: 1,388,308
BuLi Titles (1963-): 1969, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1980, 1981, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2013
Previous German Titles: 1932

32zqeiw.jpg

The FC Bayern Munich is by far the most successful club in Bundesliga history with 22 titles and 23 German titles overall. I think I don't have to write that much about that club as they recently won the Champions League and the FIFA Club World Cup. What you can say is that they are very obnoxious in Germany except by their own fans. But I think that is every club that is such dominant over decades. One negative thing about that dominance is that today most of the fans in the stadium are just event fans and the support in the Allianz Arena is actually pretty wack.

Now to the kits. I'm very excited that their next home kit is supposed to be red and blue striped with blue shorts and white socks as I always loved that look for them. It's also more unique thatn just red and white (tons of teams in Germany wear that combination). So I tried to create such a kit for my 2020 Bayern. I made the away kit retro in white and red. And I added a black Alternate with 'Bestia Negra' scripts as they are known as La Bestia Negra in Spain cause they always beat Real Madrid, sometimes in black kits! ^^

1584coj.jpg23idk7t.jpgrh93b5.jpg

So, just one team to go!

Finally, the last club! :)

2cr906c.jpg

Founded: 1903
Population: 176,996

Saarland Titles: 1951

2zir9lg.jpg

This club is very interesting and I actually just chose Saarbrücken because of it's pretty identity. Saarbrücken is located in the Saarland which temporarily belong to France in history a few times. It also was independent for a short time after war so the club played as the Saarland Champions in the Champions League in the 50s. But they felt too strong for just the Saarland and actually played one season at the french Ligue 2 (and they won it)!

After Saarland became again a part of Germany Saarbrücken played mostly in the Bundesliga or the second league. The last few years they just played in the third league.

The identity of Saarbrücken is actually a mix between Barca and Inter. That's why I like it so much and I put that onto my kits.

33jtowz.jpgifucjq.jpgb3lwu9.jpg

So, project finished!!

Bayern and Saarbrücken are incredible! That Bayern third is just incredible (I'd buy that kit in a heartbeat and I'm a Stuttgart supporter) and the you executed the ever-difficult navy blue and black combination perfectly with Saarbrücken; that home kit is a thing of beauty!

So we've seen your renditions of the MLS and the Bundesliga in 2020...how about a BPL or Serie A series next? :D

25yzwqg.png

I'm surprised you didn't have RB Leipzig. Red Bull owns the club and is trying to make them reach the Bundesliga soon. They got promoted to 3. Liga this year after going undefeated last season in the Regionalliga and winning in the promotion playoff. With the Red Bull investment, they have a good chance at advancing into the top flight in the upcoming years.

Archived