Jacksonville Jaguars - updating their classic uniform from the 60's

oldschoolvikings

I wanted to try to update the Jaguars look from their first few years in the NFL, from their expansion year of 68 until the redesigned in 79, adding more black. Obviously I had to adjust quite a bit to get it to fit on a modern template. Also, I decided to keep the new logo and number font.

Then, I realized this made no damn sense, because the Jags started in the league in the 90's. :D

Anyway... enjoy.

jax2_zpseea5c6d6.png

The gold helmet leapt out to me. Would make for an interesting look and I could actually see it used with the current uniforms, but as for the rest of your concept, it's alright as a fantasy but of course doesn't seem like anything their brand is headed towards.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

the jaguars didn't exist until 1995 there is no re-doing of old 60's and 70's uniforms because they didn't exist.

WHAT!!!?

Are you sure?

yes i am sure whether or not that was sarcasm the jaguars did not exist til 95

Very good, Kronk!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I think this re-design on the Jaguars' uniforms is very well-done and would love to see them use these in place of what they have now, which is very ugly, in my opinion. Even though this uniform design may look a bit "dated," it does not take away from how nice the uniform looks. Sometimes, less is more, when it comes to uniform design and too many sports teams today go overboard when it comes to uniform design. I would give this design an "A+".

the jaguars didn't exist until 1995 there is no re-doing of old 60's and 70's uniforms because they didn't exist.

WHAT!!!?

Are you sure?

yes i am sure whether or not that was sarcasm the jaguars did not exist til 95

That's crazy. I distinctly remember the 75 season when they went on that surprising run and barely missed out on the playoffs. They blew it against a mediocre Texans team in the final game... I think the Ravens squeaked in just ahead of them.

Now you saying all that never happened? Hmm. I guess I shouldn't have started drinking in 4th grade.

Archived