Tampa Bay Bucs

EvanBirchfield

Alright well I've been on this site for about 6 months. 3 months as just a viewer then I made an account and now I'm taking a step trying my first concept. I enjoy the old school-new school concepts and this is one I'd love to see. Bucs with their old cream colored uniforms. I did this on regular paint and touched it up best I could so please don't bash me too hard for that lol. I basically just tweaked with colors to change their new uniforms style to what a collision with the old ones would look like. Another one I'd like to see is Eagles return to that Green and Silver but that's another topic. Anyways thanks, and can't wait to see what ya'll think.

buccaneers.png

tamppp.png

tamapbay.png

First off, welcome to the boards. I'm sure I won't be the only member on here trying to help you achieve success with this project. That being said, you need to break down your concept.

First you need to find a direction you want to head into. For you that seems like just recoloring the Buc's new image with the creamsicle color scheme. Most people would find that very boring. An idea to maximize creativity would be to print out the template, take some color pencils and just go to town. More people have luck creating what they want on paper, I always make rough drafts on paper. Once that is done, upload it in this thread. See what people think, while you're waiting for that, look at some paint tutorials to help clean up your work.

Remember on paint you can be limited, on paper your imagination can flourish.

spacer.png

First off, welcome to the boards. I'm sure I won't be the only member on here trying to help you achieve success with this project. That being said, you need to break down your concept.

First you need to find a direction you want to head into. For you that seems like just recoloring the Buc's new image with the creamsicle color scheme. Most people would find that very boring. An idea to maximize creativity would be to print out the template, take some color pencils and just go to town. More people have luck creating what they want on paper, I always make rough drafts on paper. Once that is done, upload it in this thread. See what people think, while you're waiting for that, look at some paint tutorials to help clean up your work.

Remember on paint you can be limited, on paper your imagination can flourish.

So uploading from on paper is acceptable? I know forums have their silent do's and don'ts so I just want to make sure ahah

I figure most here might have an idea they'd drawn on paper first, then if they have a scanner, scan and then trace...there are a couple cats posting hand-drawn concepts, however. In short, yeah, hand-drawn's acceptable, you might even get a few oohs and aahs.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This really isn't something I'd like to see the Bucs pull off. The new logo and the old colors don't go together really well. The old Buccaneer orange was a very tranquil, genteel color and went well with the old logo. The new logo is much more dark, menacing and aggressive and needs to be complemented with darker colors like the deep red and pewter. That flag logo doesn't look right in that bright orange, and that flag wouldn't look right against a white background no matter what color you made the flag.

This isn't to say the OP did a bad job in creating/drawing the concept. After all, he just wanted to know what it'd look like if the Bucs combined their two looks. It's just that the concepts and the colors don't work together very well when you put them together. If I were deciding on the Bucs' uniforms I'd either go all the way back and adopt everything from the pre-1997 uniforms or just continue forward with the current uniforms.

As a fellow Tampa fan, the commenter two people above summarizes it well. What I'd like to see though is an updated Bucco Bill in the red/pewter/black combination and see how that would look.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Pretty sure the flag needs to be red, whether it be the main logo or the ship logo, mainly because the red flag relates to actual pirate lore. The Bucs didn't design it that way for no reason.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 1 month later...

Archived