Good Deals on Mitchell & Ness

amare32

Damn I'd love to have $200 to drop on that 57 Braves jacket...

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Wow, what a sale... marked down from 400 all the way to 280! What a deal! I gotta order me at least 7 of them right now!

Bah! M&N overratedness...

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Is it just me or has the "retro craze" died down? Will Mitchell & Ness always be around?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

If you guys have a Marshalls or TJ Maxx in your town, they are getting some of last year's M&N jerseys from all sports and are selling them at about half-1/3 of regular price (most are $85-$99). I picked up a couple of great jerseys yesterday. The lady told me they are only supposed to put them out 2-3 at a time, but it's worth driving over and taking a look.....

Is it just me or has the "retro craze" died down?

Well, obviously. The key word is "craze," synonymous with "trend." Retro isn't so retro anymore. I'm convinced retro only happened because people ran out of ideas for where to go next. They just decided instead to go backwards. Have you noticed that nothing's really come along yet to dethrone the retro fad?

Is it just me or has the "retro craze" died down?

Well, obviously. The key word is "craze," synonymous with "trend." Retro isn't so retro anymore. I'm convinced retro only happened because people ran out of ideas for where to go next. They just decided instead to go backwards. Have you noticed that nothing's really come along yet to dethrone the retro fad?

True, but don't you think that Mitchell & Ness's sales have dropped as time has gone on? There for a while everybody had to have a retro jersey of some sort. I know I was victim to that even though I never gave in.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Yeah, it seems like the craze is dying down - maybe the prices will come down too -that's a good thing.

It's not really a fad though - it's not like they'll ever really be out of style - jereseys are timeless, we loved them before the craze and will afterwards.

I'm not saying anything's necessarily wrong with retro. I'm just saying it's a fad, and one that only occurred from lack of new ideas. The idea was a brilliant one, though. Would you have ever imagined anyone paying $200 for that hideous neon green Atlanta Hawks jersey when it was actually in use by the team? Not bloody likely. Trucker hats? Come on, redneck grandpas nationwide have been sporting those things for decades and we all thought they looked stupid. Now people will dump $30 for one when they cost about $2.95 to produce.

And yes, I'd say it is a fad based on the fact that you never saw anyone wearing them until the "retro" craze hit. Granted, their design is timeless, but when until recently has it ever been fashionable to wear an old uniform from the 70s?

It's not really a fad though - it's not like they'll ever really be out of style - jereseys are timeless, we loved them before the craze and will afterwards.

Is this so-called "fad" big in other country's as well?

Come on, redneck grandpas nationwide have been sporting those things for decades and we all thought they looked stupid.

Holy crap! You couldn't be anymore right with that one. That's one fashion I'll never seem to understand.

I personally don't think retro as all that bad. It becomes really stupid though when you have these celebrities wearing old jerseys of players or teams that they never would have cheered for before. They're wearing them for the sake of being seen in that specific jersey design.

Retired Number's To Come

Shoot... I'd been looking for an 80's Bucks jersey with the 374953 shades of green up the sides since I was in high school. I never did it to be part of a trend.

And I think that if anything, free agency brought about the retro craze. People got sick of droppin' $200 on an authentic jersey only to have the player leave the team at the end of that year. So they started coppin' retro jerseys that'd never be "outdated." Then a few others caught wind of it and made it a trend.

I don't think retro will ever necessarily go away, but the trendy part of it will.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Good site, but they made an error on their site.

They only have one Utah Jazz jersey, it's the green road uniforms and they state that they're from the New Orleans Jazz.

JAZ83R04_W.jpg

Error 1: Dantley never played for the New Orleans Jazz (Utah drafted him).

Error 2: The Jazz moved to Salt Lake City in 1979, the jersey is dated 82-83.

:D

Sorry, pointless post by Sean.

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

to be fair, I was looking at the site and you had to click on utah to get them, if you click on new orleans you go to the 70's maravich.

And Dantley wasn't actually drafted by Utah either :-)

How long were those jerseys used? I think they might be the most hideous of all time. I remember seeing slam dunk contest of highlights of Darrell Griffith and it taking me a long time to figure out who he was and what team had these mysterious green unis

Ah yes, I forgot the Braves drafted him. I meant to say he played in Utah, rather than NO.

Anyway, you're right....which makes the error even BIGGER! Since it's in the UTAH chapter. ;)

You know what sucks ass? LHM will not retire Dantley's number because of their falling out!

Even though AD had his best years in Utah. :cursing:

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

You know what sucks ass? LHM will not retire Dantley's number because of their falling out!

Even though AD had his best years in Utah. :cursing:

Actually they're planning on retiring #4 soon.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived