SG89's NFL Refresh

SG89

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vikings? Bears? Packers? Saints? Falcons? Buccaneers? Panthers? Giants? Eagles? Redskins? Do I need to go on to the AFC? Haha. Please don't give up for lack of comments! I'm sure there are many lurkers out there admiring your work. I was once a lurker myself but that didn't mean that others ' works weren't worth doing.

I've been lurking on the boards for a while and finally joined relatively recently, and then decided "hey, since I like other people's concepts so much, why don't I take a hack at my own?". So I did.

Some basic rules that I will probably end up breaking...

1) I will not modify any teams' logo unless it's minor (ie- colour change)

2) I will not radically change any team with deep history in football.

3) I will take into consideration criticism and comments in order to better my mediorce at best concepts.

I decided to start with the Jacksonville Jaguars. I'm not fully completed, as I've run into a bit of an issue...

Shoulder Stripes:

1397072786-U10338.png

No Stripes:

1397072856-U10338.png

Thoughts, comments?

This is clean, they should actually run with these. I like both concepts maybe one of these can be an alternative in a sense maybe with different colors but totally up to you.

When you think about it we've seen the helmet black and now with the gradient as it being a current helmet. We put up concepts to just do something different from an artists perspective. The C&C should be given on the execution of the creativity yes, but at the same time we can't say hey change this and change that for our own visual pleasure. For example if someone's numbers are too big don't just tell them they're too big, instead give a suggestion on what they can do to make them look better or to follow certain guidelines. Today I saw a member who did some concepts on a couple of teams and they were pretty solid, the numbers were too big but no one went in detail to show him or help him be aware of the design of the Nike Combat Uniform's and where the numbers fall at. I went ahead and gave him as much info as possible but offered it as a suggestion after all it is his design and art doesn't have to make sense or be correct.

CHIEFS

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

• 3 months later...

Returned before Derrick Rose...

After a hiatus, which was mainly caused by a computer that crashed completely, I've decided to continue the series.

A preview of the Indianapolis Colts, my favourite team, who will have a special alternate or pro combat jersey.

1408219381-U10338.png

1425175351-U10338.png

Glad to see you back!

For the Colts, I'm not liking that the sleeve wrap/stripe doesn't go all the way to the back. It seems to stop at the high point on the shoulder.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Indianapolis Colts v1 (expect updates based on comments, suggestions, etc.)

1408496963-U10338.png

Decided to incorporate the horseshoe design more into the uniform, with the dots on the pants, and shoulder stripe. Home and away shoulder stripes changed slightly, looking slightly more modern, something that I could certainly see Nike doing if they ever got a hold of the Colts' uniforms the way they have with Seattle, Miami, Tampa, and Jacksonville. The alternate is a slight modification of what they wore against the Eagles on November 7th, 2010, a homage to the 1954 Baltimore Colts. The "pro-combat" styled uniform, the blackout uniform, would be worn for rivalry games, or special occasion games. The numbers, using Nike's new 3D printing and chroming technologies allow for a 3D effect to the stitched on parts of the uniforms. (tell me you can't see Nike doing something like this 5-10 years from now.)

1425175351-U10338.png

Archived