2014 NHL Offseason

ninersdd

well hyeah, :censored:in' course I'm gonna play in :censored:in' anaheim, hyeah, :censored:in' hang out at the beach all day like a :censored:in' all-star, bang bitches left and right, maybe play some hockey if i feel like it, probably not, though, hyeah, too :censored:in' slow to get up the :censored:in' ice anymore, hyeah, i don't give a :censored:, :censored:in' just do whatever and if they don't like it they can :censored:in' trade me to the kings, so hyeah

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blues re-sign Steve Ott for 2 years, $5.2 million, and let Vladimir Sobotka bolt for the KHL.

obama-laughing.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Heatley was a big part of the Sharks teams that went to the third round. He was a non-entity in Minnesota, where he was either hurt, bad, or slow. But when it comes to being hurt, he was nothing compared to the guy the Sharks traded him for. Dumb move.

Is Anaheim the most attractive free agent destination in the league? There's an established core to work with, the media pressure is minimal, the weather is nice, and the proximity to Mexico probably affords a higher quality of cocaine than you can get in other cities. I suppose you could say the same for Los Angeles, but it might be a little harder to fly under the radar with the Kings than with the Ducks.

Heatley was a big part of the Sharks teams that went to the third round. He was a non-entity in Minnesota, where he was either hurt, bad, or slow. But when it comes to being hurt, he was nothing compared to the guy the Sharks traded him for. Dumb move.

Is Anaheim the most attractive free agent destination in the league? There's an established core to work with, the media pressure is minimal, the weather is nice, and the proximity to Mexico probably affords a higher quality of cocaine than you can get in other cities. I suppose you could say the same for Los Angeles, but it might be a little harder to fly under the radar with the Kings than with the Ducks.

I'm personally concerned more and more annually with the plummeting cocaine-to-mullet ratio in today's NHL.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Speaking of the new contracts for Toews and Kane, I don't feel Kane is worth 10.5 million.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Speaking of the new contracts for Toews and Kane, I don't feel Kane is worth 10.5 million.

I'm serious. I feel he was way overpayed. I mean, I love the guy's attitude but i feel like he hasn't shown to be worth that money. He's doesn't have the credentials yet individually. Then again, my teams FLC is Tyler Bozo, so I shouldn't be talking.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

I'm serious. I feel he was way overpayed. I mean, I love the guy's attitude but i feel like he hasn't shown to be worth that money. He's doesn't have the credentials yet individually. Then again, my teams FLC is Tyler Bozo, so I shouldn't be talking.

So in your mind 91 career playoff points, a Conn Smythe and Calder winner, 7 career playoff game winners, nearly 500 career regular season points, and rarely being injured isn't worth $10 million? You're right. He's arguably worth a lot more than that. The Blackhawks are lucky as hell that Toews and him share an agent and were mutually willing to sign identical contracts instead of searching for a bigger paycheck elsewhere individually.

Oh yeah, he's also 25.

twitter

It's what they're worth if not more. I was hoping they'd take less anyway so as not to sabotage their team. They didn't. Oh well!

So in your mind 91 career playoff points, a Conn Smythe and Calder winner, 7 career playoff game winners, nearly 500 career regular season points, and rarely being injured isn't worth $10 million? You're right. He's arguably worth a lot more than that. The Blackhawks are lucky as hell that Toews and him share an agent and were mutually willing to sign identical contracts instead of searching for a bigger paycheck elsewhere individually.

Oh yeah, he's also 25.

Okay, I'll agree except for the part I bolded. Why? The Calder and Conn Smythe both have something in common: There the easiest trophies to win in hockey. Seriously, would Justin Williams, Cam Ward, Mike Vernon or Scott Stevens ever win a regualr season award? Not likely.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

What I'm trying to get at is the fact that the Smythe is all about getting hot. Sure, it's great to see it happen, but getting a award for it? Now that's funny.

It's kinda like Super Bowl MVP: sometimes it's a star who is great, and sometimes it's just a guy who happened to have two INTs that game. Kane was the former.

Kane didn't "get hot." He simply performed at a high level throughout the playoffs while his teammates didn't (Crawford had a lousy Final, Toews went AWOL for the first two rounds).

Is this just foreplay for "Kane's not as good as Phil Kessel"? Let's cut to the chase if it is.

Archived