2014 NHL Offseason

ninersdd

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working only from unrestricted free agents, here are the rosters for your hypothetical Quebec Nordiques and Seattle Totems:

Nordiques

1st: Daniel Winnik - Mike Ribeiro - Daniel Alfredsson

2nd: Ray Whitney - Derek Roy - Lee Stempniak

3rd: Dustin Penner - Jordan Schroeder - Devin Setoguchi

4th: Dan Carcillo - David Moss - Steve Ott

D1: Anton Volchenkov - Henrik Tallinder

D2: Michael Del Zotto - Aaron Rome

D3: Scott Hannan - Jamie McBain

G: Martin Brodeur, Cris Nilstorp

Spares: Cory Emmerton, Keaton Ellerby

Totems

1st: Ville Leino - Andrei Loktionov - Kyle Beach

2nd: T.J. Galiardi - Scott Gomez - Ryan Jones

3rd: Ryan Carter - Zenon Konopka - Jordin Tootoo

4th: Taylor Pyatt - Colin Fraser - Ben Eager

D1: Anton Belov - Brian Lee

D2: Douglas Murray - Denis Grebeshkov

D3: Nate Prosser - Corey Potter

G: Tomas Vokoun, Yann Danis

Spares: Krys Barch, Alexander Sulzer

I think the Nords could be interesting, but I really struggled with that 32nd team. We're not ready.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, we get one more year of awesome Blackhawks hockey before they turn into a bunch of top-heavy stumblebums like Pittsburgh. Make this last run big, guys!

So EKane went on Vancouver radio and when asked if he wants to be a Jet, gave a story about training hard this off season.

So. Start speculating.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Working only from unrestricted free agents, here are the rosters for your hypothetical Quebec Nordiques and Seattle Totems:

Nordiques

1st: Daniel Winnik - Mike Ribeiro - Daniel Alfredsson

2nd: Ray Whitney - Derek Roy - Lee Stempniak

3rd: Dustin Penner - Jordan Schroeder - Devin Setoguchi

4th: Dan Carcillo - David Moss - Steve Ott

D1: Anton Volchenkov - Henrik Tallinder

D2: Michael Del Zotto - Aaron Rome

D3: Scott Hannan - Jamie McBain

G: Martin Brodeur, Cris Nilstorp

Spares: Cory Emmerton, Keaton Ellerby

Totems

1st: Ville Leino - Andrei Loktionov - Kyle Beach

2nd: T.J. Galiardi - Scott Gomez - Ryan Jones

3rd: Ryan Carter - Zenon Konopka - Jordin Tootoo

4th: Taylor Pyatt - Colin Fraser - Ben Eager

D1: Anton Belov - Brian Lee

D2: Douglas Murray - Denis Grebeshkov

D3: Nate Prosser - Corey Potter

G: Tomas Vokoun, Yann Danis

Spares: Krys Barch, Alexander Sulzer

I think the Nords could be interesting, but I really struggled with that 32nd team. We're not ready.

Bettman's evil plan to keep the Coyotes in Arizona. 2 less major cities for them to relocate to. ;)

That's interesting. The construction of the Devils this year looked for all the world to me like a team built to maybe make the playoffs and prove to Schneider that he should stay. I didn't think they'd lock him up this soon. Good that they got him signed.

Meanwhile, the Canucks are probably going to loan Jacob Markstrom to a nice farm in the country where he can be with other Jacob Markstroms, so that means they'll have turned Luongo and Schneider into Bo Horvat and Shawn Matthias. Eww.

Apparently, Sens fans have been finding reasons to be optimistic about next season, after all, we might not have the best team in the conference but we have some good young players and a few very skilled veterans, the team could look something like this for next season.

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan

Michalek - Zibanejad - Chiasson

Hoffman - Legwand - Stone

Greening - Smith - Condra

Neil

Karlsson - Methot

Ceci - Cowen

Phillips - Gryba

Borowiecki - Weircioch

Anderson

Lehner

I mean, to actually be competitive we would have to get one more proven defensive d-man other than Methot, and probably experiment with that 4th line and see about playing Lazar for 9 games next season in the position taken up by greening. Of course, losing our entire first line didn't help either. It'll probably be another season where the backup goalie, whoever that may turn out to be, plays 35+ games again.

Overall, I don't think we're as screwed as some people say we are for next season, we may just head through the season as a bubble team. But we'll really need the young guns to step up, and to have great years from MacArthur and Ryan alike. I would definitely place my trust in Turris as a #1 C.

Well, we get one more year of awesome Blackhawks hockey before they turn into a bunch of top-heavy stumblebums like Pittsburgh. Make this last run big, guys!

You know things are bad when I need to tell the admiral to lighten up.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Not enough to keep Seabrook and Sharp around, especially with big questions about the Canadian dollar taking a tumble. They're the first eight-figure cap hits, so of course they look horrible now, but might look better down the line. Getzlaf and Perry look like bargains now. Toews and Kane will look like bargains compared to Stamkos and Kopitar. And then we'll have another lockout. World keeps turnin'.

Looks like an equal deal compared to Perry and Getzlaf to me. Kane and Toews are both younger and have actually led their team to win something. The extra 5 mill (I think) seems about right.

I like the signing. 1-year, $1M. Absolutely no risk, and a pretty high reward. Scored 12 goals on a Minnesota team that doesn't exactly push the pace, and you can stick him next to some top talent in Getzlaf/Perry/Kesler in a Boudreau system. I'll almost guarantee more than 12 goals. And plus he's probably going to assume the role that Teemu performed from a line-up standpoint, and Teemu only had 9 goals last year.

Nice secondary scoring signing. Solid.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived