An NFL player who buys fake jerseys

aawagner011

This picture popped up on my Twitter feed. Robert Alford of the Falcons has geared his dad up in all three versions of his jerseys. Only problem is that they are all fake.

Come on...did this guy really go to a site like wholesale-nfl-jersey.com (made that up)? Can't he swing into his equipment manager's office and request authentic stuff?

https://twitter.com/rockorocky/status/462030552623640576

2ljm052.jpg

Can't he swing into his equipment manager's office and request authentic stuff?

I've always been curious how that worked. If players can just request stuff from the equipment manager, is there a limit how much they can request? Do they have to pay for it? Do they have to pay retail, or do they get a deep discount?

I'm equally as curious about more expensive equipment like goalie gear in hockey or catchers gear in baseball. I would assume they wouldn't let the players go without gear, but is there some sort of limit to how much they can get a season? Is it uniform throughout the league, or does it vary by team or how big of a star the player is?

Are we sure he actually bought them? Maybe his assistant, girlfriend, wife, mom?...also I would almost quarantee that ol roger would not allow his players to take company owned equipment home with them just like actual businesses frown upon it and with the prices of authentic jerseys from nike I don't really blame him if he actually was the one who bought these!

Are we sure he actually bought them? Maybe his assistant, girlfriend, wife, mom?...also I would almost quarantee that ol roger would not allow his players to take company owned equipment home with them just like actual businesses frown upon it and with the prices of authentic jerseys from nike I don't really blame him if he actually was the one who bought these!

I think Arian foster tweeted a while back that a common misconception people have is that jerseys are free. I guess they have to pay for each new one they have to get?

Also I know that (Michael?) Bennett of the Seahawks' dad had an on field jersey. You never really see that but it looked really cool.

I think Arian foster tweeted a while back that a common misconception people have is that jerseys are free. I guess they have to pay for each new one they have to get?

Also I know that (Michael?) Bennett of the Seahawks' dad had an on field jersey. You never really see that but it looked really cool.

From my limited knowledge it's almost analogous to office supplies or other company provided equipment in the workplace. You don't pay for your on field uniform or regular practice gear (work related) but if you want extra gear for whatever reason you are likely paying out of pocket for it. The price that the player would be pay obviously depends on how each team views to give their employees extra perks. For instance the bengals, cards, and chargers are notoriously cheap with their employees so anything out of the bare minimum (this also applies to things like cleats/gloves etc.) in terms of supplies comes out of the players' pockets. Other teams that have traditionally taken good care of their players probably have much more liberal policies. Lastly there's also the perks of being a preferred employee/star player where you likely get as much free crap as you want compared to the rookie or journeyman free agent that is only around for a couple seasons.

Archived