Kansas City Royals Concept Logo

VitorioArts

As a logo itself, it's pretty solid. The challenge is seeing it as a part of a full baseball brand. Full baseball logos like this one, though a necessary part of the brand, aren't always found on the uniform. I'm curious to see how this would play out in a full branding. For instance, baseball caps, at least at the major-league level, almost always include only a monogram. You have a nice monogram there, so I'd be interested to see how it would work on a cap and then how that cap would fit into the full uniforms.

rATMcmK.png

Good logo, but just not for the current franchise. Kind of like the Jaguars current set. It's a decent uniform, would be pretty close to perfect for a newer team, but not one with a wonderful original uniform set.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I'll just parrot the others in saying that it's a very solid logo, everything goes together smoothly (font, shield, crown). The idea itself of a crown on top of a shield is certainly a possible candidate for the direction the Royals could go when they rebrand next. Still, it feels very Disney-esque, almost like an alternate reality where Disney bought the rights to the Royals and not the Angels. However, that could just be the powder blue getting to me :P. If you wanted to keep this idea and perhaps make it more "Major League", I'd get a new font, give the shield and crown a little more depth, and maybe make the shield a little bit wider by adding another "spoke" to the crown so that there's 4 and not 3 (of course, this would involve re-designing the whole logo, so maybe not).

To me, the real KC lettering is one of the best in the MLB. These KC letters here are just too bland and thick. With a name like Royals, you need a majestic feel. This just looks flat, too smooth, and the way the colors interact here gives it a dull feel. If you choose different font and sharpened the edges, it has a chance to work.

The crown doesn't read as a crown to me. It looks more like the top of a castle turret. And, even though I'm kind of biased against that particular font, it still feels too big and chunky. Sometimes logos get ripped for being too intricate and having too much detail, but in this case, I feel like it's just not intricate enough.

• 4 months later...

Like others have said, it doesn't quite fit for an MLB team. It's really the font more than anything. The shield and crown are fine.

You might try this with a more traditional font, as KC has always used a very simple interlocking K+C logo.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived