Your first in-person Sports Autograph?

Funky Bunky

During a Spring Training game in 2010 (or 11) between the Rays and Astros in Kissimmee, Florida. I got my Rays cowbell (I actually have one of those) signed by Stephen Vogt, a catcher of the Rays organization at the time (now at Oakland). I still have it in my room and is something I've never forgotten.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

well my first one i got "in person" was when i was 3, my parents took my to a charity dinner, and Ozzie smith autographed a retro Cardinals hat for me.

if that ^ doesn't count, i don't know who my first one was, but some really special ones i got when i was like 12-13 (i'm 15 now) in person are:

- Ichiro when he was on the Angels and came to St.Louis

- Albert Pujols in St. Louis

- Adam Dunn on the Reds

- Manny Ramirez on the Dodgers

- Ken Griffey Jr. (on a rookie card :D) when he was on the Reds

Jeff Gordon when I was as young as 3, mom and him use to be friends at the beginning of his career before he became famous. My mom got me one from chipper jones, I got the first autograph adam vinitieri ever gave just because I wanted an autograph from someone at pats training camp. Bill belichick a son played my team in football in highschool and i got his autograph after the game, along with basically everyone else on our team

When I was a kid I had the opportunity to go into the visiting clubhouse at Safeco Field and got a ball signed by Jose Cruz Jr., Raul Mondesi, and Carlos Delgado who were all playing for the Blue Jays at the time... Don't remember why we went into the Jays lockeroom instead of the Mariners but it was still pretty cool.

Mine was a signature from the owner of the San Francisco Giants, Larry Baer. I was volunteering at a golf tournament at Pebble Beach and he was there, so I came up to him and asked if he could sign my 2012 World Series Champions cap. He did and that cap remains a treasured part of my Giants collection.

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

My first in person autograph was then Detroit Red Wings player Jason Williams. I don't remember the exact date, since I was really young at the time. I met him at some Red Wings themed place, but I don't remember the name of it.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

My first in person autograph was then Detroit Red Wings player Jason Williams. I don't remember the exact date, since I was really young at the time. I met him at some Red Wings themed place, but I don't remember the name of it.

You may be thinking about Hockeytown Cafe. It's a Red Wings themed sports bar across the street from Comerica.

Joe Magrane and Fredbird at a grocery store or something in the late 80s. I was 5 or 6.

I think the only other in person one I got was Paul Molitor in High School. He was doing a speaking engagement and I had him sign with the wrong kind of pen and it was ruined in months.

First Mighty Duck in the expansion draft, last inaugural Mighty Duck to leave - #31, goaltender, Guy Hebert

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

My first in-person autograph was by Joe Gibbs on Jan. 25, 1992, the day before his Redskins defeated the Bills in Super Bowl XXVI at the Metrodome. My dad and I were at the Minneapolis Convention Center for the NFL Experience exhibit. We were looking at Joe Gibbs' race car -- I believe it was to be his first season in NASCAR that year -- when my dad noticed Gibbs himself stopped by to check out the car. He graciously signed a couple of NFL Experience programs (which, handily, included space specifically for autographs). I wished him luck in the big game. It's a pretty cool memory.

Archived