Your first in-person Sports Autograph?

Funky Bunky

Jim Thome when he was on the Phillies back in 2005 I believe. He was on a rehab stint in Clearwater while playing for the Threshers.

Nice guy, asked how I was and if I like the heat in Florida.

I got a Bill Bucker auto when he was at a Sports Authority opening in Medford (some time between 06-09, I don't remember when it was).

I took pictures of both my brothers with him, but my brothers dicked me and I never got a photo.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Denis Savard. Hawks players used to occasionally do autograph signings at local hardware stores, toy stores, etc. My dad took me to meet a bunch of guys like Doug Wilson and Troy Murray and Dirk Graham. But Savvy was the first and finest.

Either Brad Anderson (NHRA driver) or Rusty Wallace in 1989. I was extremely little, the first one I really remember would've been Brad Anderson in 1991, followed by Cory McClenathan and a lot of other NHRA drivers. First non-race car driver was former Yankee Mike Torrez in 1999.

I've been to one Celtics game, and I got Ray Allen's autograph in his final season with Milwaukee.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Shawn Bradley at LAX.

He was wearing really tight jeans with a plaid shirt tucked into them and boots. It took a bit to realize who that tall geek was.

VmWIn6B.png

My first in person autograph was then Detroit Red Wings player Jason Williams. I don't remember the exact date, since I was really young at the time. I met him at some Red Wings themed place, but I don't remember the name of it.

You may be thinking about Hockeytown Cafe. It's a Red Wings themed sports bar across the street from Comerica.

Yep. That was it. Thanks for reminding me (and sorry for the late thanks).

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

My first in-person autograph was with Ricky Rudd back in '98 or '99 (can't really remember the year) before a race up in Pocono. I can remember it raining that day and the line to meet him being really long.

Got him to sign a few cars as well as a picture of him and myself (that got framed). I got two of them, and gave one to my younger cousin as a Christmas present that year.

15-16 years later, I got to meet AJ Allmendinger in person this past weekend up in Brodheadsville, PA, again; before a race at Pocono.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived