The Next Generation Logos Site

CC97

The Next Generation Logos Site

Chris Creamer's Sports Logos re-launched and then some!

By Chris Creamer (SportsLogos.net)

2004-07-04

For the past two and a half years I have been going through re-design after re-design, trying desperately to find the perfect mould for a site such as this. The best way to do it, with as little effort required as possible to update it. I have finally done that!

With the help of some excellent designers, and database junkies, Chris Creamer's Sports Logos has re-launched! Not only is it a new look, but the site is now entirely driven by PHP and MySQL making any updates the crew does as easy as possible. Also the NFL section is finally up and running, I hope you enjoy it!

I also hope all of my American friends are having a happy Independence Day today, and I hope your day will be even better after seeing this present to you all.

New features include the auto-updating list of recent posts on the message boards, logos added to the site, as well as the news archive.

Over the next few weeks you will see the other smaller leagues come to the site, as of now only "the big 4", Major League Baseball, National Hockey League, National Football League, and National Basketball Association are currently up.

With the news section I am interested in receiving columns from people with opinions about the world of sports logos. If you are interested in providing your piece to the world, please either PM me, or let me know here.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Chris,

Fantastic job on the new site! It looks great! :D

I would definitely be interested in writing a series of articles about the sports identity world. It would be great experience and may be able to tie in to my graduate studies, as my thesis project will no doubt revolve around the concept of sports branding. Just let me know the specifics of what you want and I'll be more than happy to contribute.

Nice site-easier to navigate--and the link here is neat--I was surprised to see nmy screen name there on your home page...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

What's up with the news section? Geez, I don't have a logos section myself...

I've had a news section for over a year now, in fact I emailed you about it at the time offering articles I wrote for use on your site.

Glad to see I have your support!

---

Chris Creamer

What's up with the news section?  Geez, I don't have a logos section myself...

I've had a news section for over a year now, in fact I emailed you about it at the time offering articles I wrote for use on your site.

As a matter of fact, you don't.

Please delete my account immediately.

What's up with the news section?  Geez, I don't have a logos section myself...

As a matter of fact, you don't.

Please delete my account immediately.

Why are you objecting now and not 60 weeks ago? I don't understand this at all.

---

Chris Creamer

I've decided not to copy and paste from any outside news sources and keep the articles on the site originals, if any of you kind gentlemen would like to contribute any stories from past logo unveilings (i.e. new grizz, jazz logos, new bengals, etc).

Please let me know if you're interested in having your article up on the site.

---

Chris Creamer

Archived