The Next Generation Logos Site

CC97

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think PANTONE might be against Chris's news section becasue he thinks it goes on his turf?  Ah well, whatever.

Here's to the hope that everything gets resolved... have you guys ever thought of joining forces in one supersite? The Society for Sports Logos and Uniform Research? SSLUR... the name works on multiple levels.

Then instigate a hostile takeover of NHLUniforms.com, catch the MLB unawares and take over Dressed to the Nines (and fix it up), take GMS' NBA project under your umbrella, and grab one of the several football uniform/helmet sites.

Fear the SSLUR!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Good show! I love it! :flagcanada:

I think PANTONE might be against Chris's news section becasue he thinks it goes on his turf? Ah well, whatever.

Again, great show! ^_^

Can't go on to his turf when the last version of the website had a news section...like chris previously said....plus he asked if it was alright with the guy to make sure he wasn't going to be upset. He should have opened his mouth and said "i don't like it"

I know Chris and I'll tell you one thing that sometimes bothers me...but is very interesting about him...and Pantone, if you're reading this...pay attention

Chris doesn't like people being mad at him, when it comes to people on this site, he is always trying to compromise and solve problems that come up in a respectable manner. Even if he knows for sure that he's right or in a position where he's won an arguement, he will still try to go out of his way for people to solve a problem. His friends are the most important part of his life...besides he's family obviously. He doesn't hold grudges...unless you are me :P ...and will forgive you if it happens to be your fault that there was an arguement.

BTW it doesn't make you any less of a man to care about people either...or to show it...maybe some of you should learn that too...women sometimes can't stand people that are just plain rude and won't admit their faults

I was just asking...I have no freakin' idea. :blink:

Okay I realise you were just asking...there's got to be a problem when everyone thinks all i do is bitch and complain....

I'm allowed to state the obvious and let minds to stop wondering when it comes to blaming chris for pantone's mistake...and when i say mistake, i mean leaving the board.

All in all, chris is a good guy and the site is wonderful and fully worth the time

I didnt expect so much praise from everyone, I'm glad most of you like it! :D

Again I repeat, if anyone ever wants to submit articles for the site, please do! Same for logos, I've already added a few submitted logos!

Together we can make this database incredibly large.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Personally I think both pantones and chris' sites can co-exist next to each other, with or without news sections. They are significantly different even if they cover similar ground. I don quite know what pantones problem is exactly and I am not gonna pretend to know all the background to his decision, but all I know is that the world is less good for not having the SSUR site up at the moment!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Like I say I don't know all the background, and i don't want to condemn anyone at all. Both sites are/were very impressive and very useful, I am sure its just a miss understanding! Hopefully all will be sorted soon enough!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Hey Chris,

Fantastic job on the new site! It looks great! :D

I would definitely be interested in writing a series of articles about the sports identity world. It would be great experience and may be able to tie in to my graduate studies, as my thesis project will no doubt revolve around the concept of sports branding. Just let me know the specifics of what you want and I'll be more than happy to contribute.

I too have written for years, and would be honored to do anything i can do for the site that has brought me much over the past 3 years.

I think PANTONE might be against Chris's news section becasue he thinks it goes on his turf? Ah well, whatever.

Here's to the hope that everything gets resolved... have you guys ever thought of joining forces in one supersite? The Society for Sports Logos and Uniform Research? SSLUR... the name works on multiple levels.

Then instigate a hostile takeover of NHLUniforms.com, catch the MLB unawares and take over Dressed to the Nines (and fix it up), take GMS' NBA project under your umbrella, and grab one of the several football uniform/helmet sites.

Fear the SSLUR!

I prefer The Sports Logo and Uniform Research Society...SLURS!

Fear the SLURS!!!

Excellent redesign, CC!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Fear the SSLUR!

Now if you even come close to doing this--here's a football uni site that needs work--although it's a great ideafootball unis

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Interestingly enough, I don't use either site for news... I get my news from the forums.

me too. news from the forum (now isn't that scary?)

both site are very excellent reference points.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived