The National Bounceball Federation - *NEW* - Action Templates

CAB

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, mbannon!

I sorta see a D more than a P in the Axe logo. I can see a P, but a D is the first thing that jumps out at me

I'm not sure how you're seeing a D, I think there's a very obvious stem that is formed by the axe handle. Do you also see a D in these logos?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Thanks, mbannon!

I sorta see a D more than a P in the Axe logo. I can see a P, but a D is the first thing that jumps out at me

I'm not sure how you're seeing a D, I think there's a very obvious stem that is formed by the axe handle. Do you also see a D in these logos?

I think it's because of the way the upper bubble is slanted upwords, and the swoosh from the Axe looks like it flows into the Axe head. I'm the only one saying this though, so I wouldn't worry about it

You should seriously consider pitching this idea to someone who has a lot of money and is looking to invest in something fresh. Arena Football started out this way and while there were bumps in the road, it's still alive and well. However, unlike Arena Football, this is something brand new and honestly has a much better chance of becoming something big if executed correctly.

As for the Jacksonville team, not many people know this, but Jacksonville has one of the biggest Naval ports in the country. It also has a VERY large Jazz festival every summer that occupies a large part of downtown. Jax also hosts the biggest kingfish fishing tournament every year, the AT&T Greater Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament. Just a few things to possibly help with a team name in case you're having any trouble with it.

Are you stopping at 8? Please make more. :D

For now I am stopping at 8. If I ever find myself with a lot of free time in the future, I might consider expanding.

You should seriously consider pitching this idea to someone who has a lot of money and is looking to invest in something fresh. Arena Football started out this way and while there were bumps in the road, it's still alive and well. However, unlike Arena Football, this is something brand new and honestly has a much better chance of becoming something big if executed correctly.

As for the Jacksonville team, not many people know this, but Jacksonville has one of the biggest Naval ports in the country. It also has a VERY large Jazz festival every summer that occupies a large part of downtown. Jax also hosts the biggest kingfish fishing tournament every year, the AT&T Greater Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament. Just a few things to possibly help with a team name in case you're having any trouble with it.

I'd just love to have enough people that would be interested in playing pickup games/scrimmages. And obviously a place to play haha.

I haven't ruled out Jacksonville, but if you read my original post, I'm only doing 8 teams and not all cities on the map will be used.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I don't know how I haven't seen this thread before!

The only critique that I can think of that I didn't see mentioned so far has to do with the Captains. You've created a very military-inspired set, which I think is beautiful, but your captain has a full beard. I'm not positive, but I'm fairly sure the navy doesn't allow beards. I'm also not a fan of how much solid blue negative space there is around the captain's head, I think it just looks sort of wonky and unprofessional.

My favorite so far is the Jackalope set!! Gorgeous! The antler A is brilliant. Like someone else said, I would probably buy merch.

Sorry I haven't been updating this as often, I've been busy the past couple weeks and haven't had much time to work on it. I'm think that next I will try to revisit Omaha before moving on to the final two teams. I know with most of these I've unveiled the city and team name when posting the concept, but I'm gonna ask for a little help on the next team.

I've chosen Buffalo, NY as the site for the next team, I'm just having trouble deciding on a good team name.

A few ideas I've been tossing around:

Blizzard - I like this idea, but never been a huge fan of singular team names

Wings - could be really dumb, could also be really fun

Buffalo - just Buffalo. Most Buffalo teams use buffalo imagery, so why not a team that's just Buffalo? Announcers would refer to the team as The Buffalo. Again, might be stupid, but it'd definitely be unique.

Stampede - another buffalo-themed name

I'm welcoming other suggestions for Buffalo as well as ideas for the last city and team name.

EDIT: just fyi, the last team will be somewhere in the east. Portland, Las Vegas, Omaha, and Austin will make up the Western Conference. Virginia, Milwaukee, Buffalo, and the final team will all be part of the East.

What about Buffalo Blizzards? If Miami and Carolina can be the Hurricanes, then why shouldn't Buffalo be able to pull it off? Besides, I'm sure the people of Buffalo wouldn't be put off by the idea of multiple snow storms.

Archived