The National Bounceball Federation - *NEW* - Action Templates

CAB

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this seems like a sport I would love to play if a league like this actually started and wouldn't mind even trying to start something like this. other than that the concepts are absolutely flawless. what i really like that you do and that i don't see in most other concepts of teams is what the apparel and courts / fields would look like.

• 2 weeks later...

BUFFALO BLIZZARDS

I apologize for the length of time between teams. I had the majority of this concept done for a while I just never got around to posting it. But here are the Buffalo Blizzards. It seemed like the best choice to get away from another literal "Buffalo" team, but thanks for all the suggestions. I thought the NBF could use a double blue team. It seems like every pro sports team that uses the double blue has navy and powder blue, so I decided to go with something a little less common, like a royal blue. The primary logo is a stylized B meant to represent the blowing winds of a blizzard. The alternate is pretty self-explanatory, a snowflake with a bounceball paddle and ball. The wordmark is completely custom, italicized again to represent blowing wind. Buffalo seemed like the perfect team to feature some color blocks on their uniforms, as it matches the "pattern" found on the primary logo. The clash uniform is definitely more soccer-inspired. I wanted at least one team to use a sash of some kind as well. I used the same angled design on the sash, back numbers, shorts, and court. The angle of the sash and motion lines match that of the alternate hexagon logo.

14720408667_b78a883d90_o.png

14720322299_0b7f58a2c4_o.png

14720405367_33109a9fff_o.png

14720295020_4d1f5ba92d_o.png

For the last team I'm leaning towards a more southeastern location: Memphis, Nashville, or Jacksonville.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

You KILLED it on this one. The logos are beautiful -- especially that swirling B -- and the kits are very sharp. And I love the pattern you used on the sash and the court. My only suggestions would be to remove the logo above the NOB on the road (since it's on the sleeves) and go with all white at home. While the white on powder blue is sharp, a team named after white-out weather conditions is perfect for an all white set. And it would help the players stand out from the court.

Thanks, everyone. Also, people suggesting cities: I said I am only going to choose between the 3 listed above: Memphis, Nashville, or Jacksonville.

You KILLED it on this one. The logos are beautiful -- especially that swirling B -- and the kits are very sharp. And I love the pattern you used on the sash and the court. My only suggestions would be to remove the logo above the NOB on the road (since it's on the sleeves) and go with all white at home. While the white on powder blue is sharp, a team named after white-out weather conditions is perfect for an all white set. And it would help the players stand out from the court.

My original idea was all-white but I changed it just for the sake of being different from Virginia. I do agree that an all-white look would fit the team well, so I might try that out.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

VIRGINIA CAPTAINS UPDATE

I decided to go with a circular rope design rather than a shield for the primary logo. The only other changes appear on the court and the clash uniform. I went with a mostly yellow court with a sublimated rope design on the inside of the 2-pt line to match the center court logo. I also added some stripes to the shorts of the clash uni to better match the sleeves.

14373755259_c0b8c514bd_o.png

14559801692_491c1c3cb2_o.png

14558715024_c02f618ba2_o.png

14373922097_9ea781a4f3_o.png

These are terrific! The captain just LOOKS like an old, experienced salty dog captain! And the court is gorgeous. The home uniforms look like real naval uniforms. Awesome.

This Buffalo team might be the best of the bunch from logos and uniforms to court and paddle designs this is all just CLASS! Nice work CAB!

BUFFALO BLIZZARDS UPDATE

Not a whole lot's different here. I made a very minor change to the primary logo that was suggested to me on dribbble and decided to go for a full white-out look on the home uniform.

14904218856_f03eed2a4e_o.png

14926854082_e082693845_o.png

I've started working on the final team, which I should have done either today or tomorrow.

MEMPHIS KINGS

Alright here's the final team, the Memphis Kings. I chose this name for a few reasons. 1) Memphis is named for the ancient capital of Egypt. Pharaohs has been done before, so I went with something that would still evoke a sense of royalty so to speak. 2) Memphis is not only known as the home of Elvis (the KING of rock & roll, see what I did there?) and the birthplace of Blues (including legend BB King). So I think the name fits well in a lot of different ways. I wanted the logos to work with an Egyptian theme, along with a generic "royal" theme. I also wanted this identity to be a little more minimal and abstract than the other in the series. I used yellow quite a bit in this concept because it's one of the few colors not featured prominently on an NBF team already and paired with a couple charcoal gray colors it makes for a unique look. The primary logo is an abstract crown formed by an M and a pyramid on top. The alternates feature a mix of Egyptian/musical influences. The diamond and pyramid shape are used a lot in this identity. I decided to make at least one logo with a guitar so the second king reference isn't completely lost. The guitar logo has an Egyptian sun ray design as well. The wordmark is custom to fit in with the crown logo and with traditional Egyptian hieroglyphs. On to the uniforms. The pattern on the shoulders and shorts is meant to mimic the design of a pharaoh's headdress. I used yellow minimally here to really make the logo and numbers pop. The yellow clash uniforms features more of the pyramid design on the sleeves, collar, and shorts. Much of the design on both the home and clash relies on it being a "white-less" look. I wanted it to just be simply yellow on gray, or vice versa.

14752741697_638b53f96f_o.png

14752688508_156bf66e18_o.png

14752631580_37f647583d_o.png

14752692918_90be817d52_o.png

Well... I guess that's all for now. Thanks everyone that's been following this thread! I'd love to make more concepts but I've barely had enough time to make the last two so it might be a while before there's any expansion in the NBF. If I have some free time I might work on some All-Star, Playoff, and Championship logos. Maybe some NCAA bounceball concepts are in the future, too.

Regarding the Pioneers: looking back I really don't think any of my updates improved on the original. I'm sticking with that version and if people see a lightbulb, so be it. It's a covered wagon to me. :upside:

I almost cried when I saw "Last team" in the title. Great job this who series. :notworthy:

Now as for Memphis, at first I hated it. Now I love it...great job! Love how the "M" makes the crown! Only thing I'd try to change is the pattern on the shoulders, it reminds me a bit of the Michigan football jerseys.

Now, one final request. Any chance of realising the template? Pretty Please? :P

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

This has been a fantastic series man! I didn't even see the Blizzards. The primary logo and clash kit are things of beauty!

Memphis is really cool as well. You did a really good job of combining the regal/pharaohs, riverboat, and blues themes into it. I really like the guitar and steamboat paddle logo.

Would love to see a presentation of all the logos or identities. Might be some fun practice to make a media or style guide for the league or team. As said before great work, and I don't blame you for not going back to Omaha. You've done a lot of work on this already.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I almost cried when I saw "Last team" in the title. Great job this who series. :notworthy:

Now as for Memphis, at first I hated it. Now I love it...great job! Love how the "M" makes the crown! Only thing I'd try to change is the pattern on the shoulders, it reminds me a bit of the Michigan football jerseys.

Now, one final request. Any chance of realising the template? Pretty Please? :P

That might of been the part I loved the most about it! Reminded me of the crowns that the pharaohs wore. A nice little subtle nod to the namesake of the city without the whole ancient Egypt/Pharaoh theme all in your face.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived