Fictional Pro Soccer Concepts

creativelysain

I haven't posted a concept on here in ages, and with all the World Cup mania going on I had an idea or two for some soccer concepts.

Here's a concept for a team based out of Charlotte, NC. I wanted to do a team that could represent both North and South Carolina, so I didn't want to use colors that were already used by any pro sports teams in Charlotte, or any significant colors used by major college teams.

I went with Black, Silver and Purple for colors. Black and silver being strong and neutral, and purple representing the regal name of the Queen City. I thought the possesive nature of the name represented both Carolina's equally, and Charlotte could be a center point between the two states. The outer "C" forming the badge is an abstract racetrack oval, and the crown on top is an obvious nod to the Carolina's being named after King Charles I of England.

I am self-admittedly not very good at uniform design, but I tried to put something together that would work with the badge logo.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

CFC_zpsa5f6b920.jpg

An idea for a team based out of San Diego is coming up next...

you know, at first I wasn't liking the crest, but it has a very retro feel to it that it just may be plausible.

The kit positioning is a little off though. Pepsi logo should be on the striping and the Nike and Crest should be lowered almost aligned with the armpit. I would like to see different designs though. Soccer typically doesnt just switch colours on the same template/design for a clash, so maybe a different inspiration on the white kit is possible. Purple and White checkers? A Yellow and Black kit due to those nasty insects that like to stab you with their behinds? There is a lot more you can do with inspirational kits, so I am looking forward to what else you have in this thread.

Appreciate the input everyone.

And like I said, I'm not very good at uniform design and it was something to put with the badge. I'll see what I can do to rework some aspects on it. I did in fact choose Pepsi becuase of it being born in NC, and I don't want a sponsor logo on top of the stripe. That is one of the elements that comes off the badge into the kit design for some consistency, and I'm not sure if I want it being covered up with a sponsor logo. I understand it may not be real/accurate to current soccer designs, but that's not neceessarliy what I'm going for. I wasn't even going to put a sponsor on there to begin with, just did to add some local flavor to it. Hope that makes sense.

Have another with a little more uniqueness than this one coming up shortly.

Here is my idea for a team based out of San Diego, CA.

The idea was if you had multiple uniform options, why not have multiple nickname options based off of those uniforms? I went with a base color of navy blue, with the options of Gray (Sharks), Pink (Flamingos), and Aqua Green (Sea Turtles). I undertand flamingos are not native to southern California, but I wanted a hot pink color option so that's the basis for that. I liked having animals representing the names since the San Diego Zoo is generally regarded as a top zoo in the US.

The badge is the shape of the city of San Diego city seal, with a fairly standard interlocking SD. The different nicknames are represented up top with their corresponding color. "S-F-T" abbrev. is for Sharks, Flamingos, Turtles appropriately.

Again, I'm not big on uniform design so it's fairly basic, I just wanted to explore the idea of three different names to go with different uniform colors.

Have at it.

SD-SFT_zpsc9de733b.jpg

you definitely can make a crest so I'm gonna focus my critiquing on the jerseys. Interesting colours and how the kits each tailor to a different mascot, what I would like to see is Grey jersey, Pink shorts and green socks, and then alternate for each one. And I will echo what I previously mentioned, I'd like to see different designs.

I like the idea but honestly us North Carolinians hate sharing anything with South Carolina. It's an awful state. That's why Panthers play in Charlotte now and not in SC. Also if it is in Charlotte, best believe it would be Bank of America who sponsors the uniforms.

Pepsi sponsors the Panthers practice uniforms, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could sponsor a soccer team.

The only thing I don't like about the Carolina FC concept is the purple. Being that we are the Queen City and the logo has a crown, this color scheme resembles the Sacramento Kings a little too much. As a Panthers fan, the black and silver colors rock, but I think the main one should be different from purple. Heck, even a Panthers-esque blue would look really sharp.

UUkgTjb.png

Well also as a native North Carolinian and employee of the state's flagship University, I understand fully the disgust for our cousin to the south. But it's just a concept I had and wanted to flesh out. As far as the colors go, I wanted silver and black to be the main colors, purple being the clash kit and not overused in the badge logo. And it being similar to the Sacramento Kings colors, I think it being a different sport, and on the other side of the country, as well as being a pretend team, I think it'll be ok haha.

Appreciate the input everyone.

Guest darkpiranha

Here is my idea for a team based out of San Diego, CA.

The idea was if you had multiple uniform options, why not have multiple nickname options based off of those uniforms? I went with a base color of navy blue, with the options of Gray (Sharks), Pink (Flamingos), and Aqua Green (Sea Turtles). I undertand flamingos are not native to southern California, but I wanted a hot pink color option so that's the basis for that. I liked having animals representing the names since the San Diego Zoo is generally regarded as a top zoo in the US.

The badge is the shape of the city of San Diego city seal, with a fairly standard interlocking SD. The different nicknames are represented up top with their corresponding color. "S-F-T" abbrev. is for Sharks, Flamingos, Turtles appropriately.

Again, I'm not big on uniform design so it's fairly basic, I just wanted to explore the idea of three different names to go with different uniform colors.

Have at it.

SD-SFT_zpsc9de733b.jpg

In all the years I've been a lover of logos and team nicknames, I don't think I've ever seen a team have more than one official nickname. Brilliant. I'm fascinated trying to figure out how it would play out in real life. How you'd have factions within the fanbase. How you'd keep track of which particular nickname was more successful than the others and the superstitions that would develop because of it.

Sir, I'm impressed. Logos are looking great too. Keep em coming!

I haven't posted a concept on here in ages, and with all the World Cup mania going on I had an idea or two for some soccer concepts.

Here's a concept for a team based out of Charlotte, NC. I wanted to do a team that could represent both North and South Carolina, so I didn't want to use colors that were already used by any pro sports teams in Charlotte, or any significant colors used by major college teams.

I went with Black, Silver and Purple for colors. Black and silver being strong and neutral, and purple representing the regal name of the Queen City. I thought the possesive nature of the name represented both Carolina's equally, and Charlotte could be a center point between the two states. The outer "C" forming the badge is an abstract racetrack oval, and the crown on top is an obvious nod to the Carolina's being named after King Charles I of England.

I am self-admittedly not very good at uniform design, but I tried to put something together that would work with the badge logo.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

CFC_zpsa5f6b920.jpg

An idea for a team based out of San Diego is coming up next...

You absolutely need to get rid of the apostrophe. Otherwise, this is lovely.

rATMcmK.png

Guest darkpiranha

UPDATE: Took out the apostrophe. That does look cleaner.

CFC-UpdatePurple_zpsc26d7cd9.jpg

It's cleaner, but now it means plural Carolina, as in both of the Carolinas. Apostrophe needs to go back in if you want this specifically to mean "the team that belongs to the Carolinas". When referring to both states as one region, is it usually called "Carolina", or "The Carolinas"? So it would be "Carolina's" or "The Carolinas' "

Archived