2015 MLB ALL STAR LOGO

RETROJR79

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cincinnati.com put together a slideshow of pillbox hat concepts

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds/2014/08/08/cincinnati-reds-all-star-game-hats/13800619/

You guys sure this is what you want?

The only one I like is the Marlins one with the three color approach. The other ones are trash.

But, since MLB is so inclined to wear special game hats for the ASG, maybe they would model them after the 1960's home cap:

aucapwerber.JPG

Ehh, I think putting text on the brim would look pretty odd.

:D

In all seriousness though, I like it. Well done.

If the game is in San Diego in 2017 then there's plenty of inspiration there for goofy hats. After that though, who else in baseball wore irregular hats to base an entire hat theme around?

Toronto last hosted the game in 1991, so I'd expect one of 2018/2020/2022. They had the white front panel as their "thing", but that'll already have been done by then. Maybe the 2004-11 set will be vintage enough to have every team go BFBS.

Or maybe it'll extend far beyond goofy caps by then.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That's why I don't like the all-star specific hats. It's the first step towards all the players wearing the same stupid batting practice jersey in the game and then we'll have killed it for good. Save that nonsense for the NHL, NBA, and Pro Bowl. A huge part of what's always been great about the major league allstar game was all the different uniforms on the same field.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That's why I don't like the all-star specific hats. It's the first step towards all the players wearing the same stupid batting practice jersey in the game and then we'll have killed it for good. Save that nonsense for the NHL, NBA, and Pro Bowl. A huge part of what's always been great about the major league allstar game was all the different uniforms on the same field.

That's why I didn't mind the BP garb - it let the host team get creative and show off their brand/city/history without ruining the game itself. Now, we're on a slippery slope to having two distinct "official" uniform sets for the weekend, with Lord knows what else the future has in store.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I know this is titled 2015 MLB All Star Game Logo, but I'm excited for 2016 because it's more than likely the 2016 All Star Game will take place in Baltimore. The logo will probably include the Warehouse somewhere in it and the HR Derby jerseys will probably be orange & black.

(Didn't know where to put this)

To be honest, I'd rather see Washington get it over Baltimore. I'm surprised it took this long for Cincinnati to get it. Plus there are places where the ASG hasn't been to yet. San Diego hasn't had one since the 1980s I believe. Marlins and Rays franchises haven't hosted one at all. Phillies haven't hosted one since sometime in the 1990s. The point I'm trying to make is that there are other franchises that can be a host over Baltimore right now.

To be honest, I'd rather see Washington get it over Baltimore. I'm surprised it took this long for Cincinnati to get it. Plus there are places where the ASG hasn't been to yet. San Diego hasn't had one since the 1980s I believe. Marlins and Rays franchises haven't hosted one at all. Phillies haven't hosted one since sometime in the 1990s. The point I'm trying to make is that there are other franchises that can be a host over Baltimore right now.

it alternates every year... NL on odd years AL on even years

I'm gonna guess Tampa won't get an all star game anytime soon.

spacer.png

• 6 months later...

Archived