2015 MLB ALL STAR LOGO

RETROJR79

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Redlegs goofy head right there in the middle is an odd choice. I think the logo would look better without that slapped on there.

Nice use of the Reds' font. I'm pleased with it overall.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Mr. Redlegs goofy head right there in the middle is an odd choice. I think the logo would look better without that slapped on there.

Nice use of the Reds' font. I'm pleased with it overall.

The Reds logo is already in there....
Yeah I see that. What's your point?

I think it would look better without the mustachioed baseball head.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Awesome logo.

I bet you $10 all of the teams will wear the pillbox style hats during the game!

You know what I'd actually like for an All-Star Game ... ONCE ... a throwback game. Like, the next time it's in Comiskey throwback to the '30s. Then with the teams that came by later make either a fauxback or throwback to the Negro League teams.

Just a thought.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Awesome logo.

I bet you $10 all of the teams will wear the pillbox style hats during the game!

You know what I'd actually like for an All-Star Game ... ONCE ... a throwback game. Like, the next time it's in Comiskey throwback to the '30s. Then with the teams that came by later make either a fauxback or throwback to the Negro League teams.

Just a thought.

I'd say Cincinnati would be the best choice if they went classic throwbacks, with it being the home of the first MLB team.

I gotta say, this is one of the best ASG logos, maybe ever. I love the "simplified" Mr. Red legs head. Really finishes of that classic old Tyne look they were going for. Love it.

So we're probably going to get the pillbox cap with two stripes for every team next year? I was wondering what they'd do (that's if they do it at all, of course) with the Reds fairly generic cap history.

Overall great execution on the logo. I would've liked the smokestacks, but Mr. Redlegs is just as iconic when it comes to the Reds franchise in general. And I don't know if we needed the script to be wavy, but whatever. It works. Good job.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So we're probably going to get the pillbox cap with two stripes for every team next year? I was wondering what they'd do (that's if they do it at all, of course) with the Reds fairly generic cap history.

Overall great execution on the logo. I would've liked the smokestacks, but Mr. Redlegs is just as iconic when it comes to the Reds franchise in general. And I don't know if we needed the script to be wavy, but whatever. It works. Good job.

I really hope the teams aren't wearing pillbox hats. It looked bad in Minnesota with the special hats, it'll look ridiculous if that's what they do. Besides, other than being an old-timey baseball thing the pillbox style hat hasn't really been a Reds thing, historically. It's only really been worn by the Mr. Redlegs logo/mascot.

I sketched some ideas whenever it was announced that we'd be getting the all-star game and I included the smokestacks in all of them. I guess the league decided that was too obvious a choice.

The script is wavy because the stadium sits on the banks of a river?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I really hope the teams aren't wearing pillbox hats. It looked bad in Minnesota with the special hats, it'll look ridiculous if that's what they do. Besides, other than being an old-timey baseball thing the pillbox style hat hasn't really been a Reds thing, historically. It's only really been worn by the Mr. Redlegs logo/mascot.

I hope they don't do the pillbox hats either. I thought it was stupid when they announced they'd do special hats in Minnesota, and, outside of a select few exceptions, it turned out to be a pretty stupid idea. And this pillbox idea would be just as bad for similar reasons. Some would be all colors, some would have white panels/crowns, some would have weird bill/crown combos, and then of course, some of the hats just won't work with the uniform.

It's a stupid idea, but I guarantee that MLB made some extra cash off the Minnesota ones, so that means we'll see them.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived