2015 MLB ALL STAR LOGO

RETROJR79

Jumping ahead. If it's a possibility of pillbox caps for this ASG, then the following year in Baltimore would have what?

Regular front panels? That'd be my only guess.

Regular front panels with contrasting stitching.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and the Reds already installed this in the right field seats. I know the sign company that installed this based on my past career in signs in Cincinnati. Good on them for not leaking it ahead of time.

BuZDvpiCQAEVNoe_zps9e448045.jpg

I wonder how long they'll keep it up.

I think signage like that usually stays up throughout the entire next season. I seem to remember the Mets and Twins doing that at least.

90758391980.gif

Am I the only one who sees the base of the logo as the Lipton tea logo? Otherwise I really love the logo. Going to GABP for the Indians-Reds game tonight, I'll have to check out that sign and see where else they've slapped the ASG logo...

spacer.png

Jumping ahead. If it's a possibility of pillbox caps for this ASG, then the following year in Baltimore would have what?

Man, I hope they make the Baltimore game official....I wish they'd make the announcement already.

As for the caps, maybe a white contrasting panel for every team AND a cartoon logo would be kind of interesting. Maybe overkill and too Disney-esque but definitely interesting.

If they're still doing special all-star game hats by 2016 in Baltimore then you'd have to assume they'd give every team a white paneled front cap with their lighter color on the bill.

If the game is in San Diego in 2017 then there's plenty of inspiration there for goofy hats. After that though, who else in baseball wore irregular hats to base an entire hat theme around?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm not seeing a link to watch the unveiling on Reds or MLB

http://m.reds.mlb.com/video/v35080541?partnerId=as_mlb_20140806_29128226

BuXJ_mTIUAAPRSB.jpg

I like the overall idea, and the individual parts of the logo, but I don't like how the individual parts are all put together...I don't like the layers layout.

1)The top border around All Star Game goes behind the C, whereas All Star Game is in front. (This is amplified with the bottom going behind and then in front of the C.)

2)The two black cross bats can be seen in front of the back layer and going behind the C...Why does it not continue in the middle of the C?(It just goes away.) I think it should at least be showing below the All Star Game border and above the bottom of the C.

3)I don't like the wavy layout of All Star Game or CINCINNATI being at an angle.

Here's the (complete) disconnect about those possible cap renderings and the official logo: the comps show three thin stripes while the logo shows two thick stripes. For the purposes of continuity, I would go with this style:

TheNewYorker_LRG.png

WIth that in mind, here's what I would have as the Workout Day/Home Run Derby caps (white plus primary team-color stripes for host NL: gray plus primary team-color stripes for AL) and the All-Star Game (primary home cap with secondary color stripes for host NL; primary away cap with secondary color stripes for AL):

ASG15-cap-example.jpg

Cards.png

Cincinnati.com put together a slideshow of pillbox hat concepts

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds/2014/08/08/cincinnati-reds-all-star-game-hats/13800619/

You guys sure this is what you want?

The only one I like is the Marlins one with the three color approach. The other ones are trash.

But, since MLB is so inclined to wear special game hats for the ASG, maybe they would model them after the 1960's home cap:

aucapwerber.JPG

Cincinnati.com put together a slideshow of pillbox hat concepts

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds/2014/08/08/cincinnati-reds-all-star-game-hats/13800619/

You guys sure this is what you want?

The only one I like is the Marlins one with the three color approach. The other ones are trash.

But, since MLB is so inclined to wear special game hats for the ASG, maybe they would model them after the 1960's home cap:

aucapwerber.JPG

That one says Reds to me moreso than the pillbox. When I think of pillbox in the MLB I think of the Pirates.

mets.png

Archived