NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah. It's not personal.

You guys are just wrong.

(By the way, I really don't care if St. Louis is a good football town. Football is a bad sport and breaking it's spell isn't a bad thing. Again, I don't put any status in being a good football town. It's merely that I know the town is a good football town. I'm just here to correct things.)

Oh. Bull. :censored: .

If that was the case, you wouldn't have close to 800 posts in the thread, more than double the next closest mark.

Don't kid yourself.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Nah. It's not personal.

You guys are just wrong.

(By the way, I really don't care if St. Louis is a good football town. Football is a bad sport and breaking it's spell isn't a bad thing. Again, I don't put any status in being a good football town. It's merely that I know the town is a good football town. I'm just here to correct things.)

Oh. Bull. :censored: .

If that was the case, you wouldn't have close to 800 posts in the thread, more than double the next closest mark.

Don't kid yourself.

Haha. This one makes me laugh. Because I can't even figure out what you're saying. The only thing that's clear is that it IS directed at me personally.

Chicago-style thin crust is the best pizza. Deep dish is for tourists and suburbanites. Never, ever go to Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder Company in Lincoln Park because this is not pizza.

Bring back my Rams.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

What is that in the link?

It looks like something you'd find on somebody's back on the "popping" section of youtube.

It's "pizza" that you're actually supposed to pay money to eat, and not the other way around.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Anyone out there recall why San Antonio was such a non-starter for the Raiders? Because the more I think about it, the more an Oakland to San Antonio move makes sense.

Texas football fans are absolutely nuts. Once they support a team, at any level, they'll often drive cross-state (and think about that kinda haul) to go to home games. A San Antonio franchise automatically gets either Houston or Dallas as an in-state rival, providing one guaranteed home sell-out at premium ticket prices. The Raiders name has very strong support within the Latino and minority communities nationally, while San Antonio is quite an ethnically diverse city. The Alamodome may not be the best long-term solution, but could certainly do better for the Raiders than Alameda Coliseum over a five year period, during which the city's leaders could develop a new facility. Plus the Raiders organization would be top dog in any San Antonio scenario, versus being an also-ran in Los Angeles.

So why again is San Antonio not on the table?

nav-logo.png

For one, San Antonio has a 25 year old stadium which would likely require over $200 million just to meet the level of Edward Jones Dome, which is essentially "worst allowed by the league." So they'd either need to build a new stadium or put half a billion into it and have it still be a dome.

The Raiders would certainly gain at least a small fanbase, especially if they were good. However, I imagine the SA region is entirely Cowboys fans, so it's not like it's underserved now.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So why again is San Antonio not on the table?

I'm not sure that's the case. Did anyone say it's not on the table?

I just haven't heard much in the way of actual stadium discussion there, and presumably, that's the issue. Is the NFL really going to be okay with a team moving halfway across the country just so they can upgrade their stadium 10%?

Your five year plan makes sense, but I can't imagine the NFL doing it in that order. They'd want commitments ahead of time.

That's why St. Louis would makes sense if they're moving out of California, but only if the NFL is interested in a continued St. Louis presence (unclear) and only if the Raiders are willing to do so (to this point they do not appear to be).

San Antonio makes a lot of sense as a market for the Raiders, but I think the NFL would want a new stadium or massive upgrades.

I don't know that San Antonio is off the table. But until they have a new stadium plan, they're not on the table either.

Schrodinger's Dome

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's a few pages back now, but San Antonio is offering to be a temp site for the Raiders if they announce a move to L.A.

That doesn't sound like they even believe they are still on the table for this relocation. Instead, it sounds like they think they are on that chair in the corner of the room that nobody uses except on holidays.

While I don't think it would happen in this day and age and I don't think Mark Davis would be for it but could a good old fashion franchise swap work out some of the problems? The Colts and Rams owners did it back in the 70's and the Steelers and Eagles owners did it in the 40's.

Kroenke and Davis would swap franchises so Kroenke would end up owning the Raiders and Davis the Rams. Kroenke moves the Raiders to LA and Davis keeps the Rams in St. Louis with the new stadium. The Chargers could then move to LA and swap divisions with the Rams and leave San Diego as the city everyone threatens to move to.

While I don't think it would happen in this day and age and I don't think Mark Davis would be for it but could a good old fashion franchise swap work out some of the problems? The Colts and Rams owners did it back in the 70's and the Steelers and Eagles owners did it in the 40's.

Kroenke and Davis would swap franchises so Kroenke would end up owning the Raiders and Davis the Rams. Kroenke moves the Raiders to LA and Davis keeps the Rams in St. Louis with the new stadium. The Chargers could then move to LA and swap divisions with the Rams and leave San Diego as the city everyone threatens to move to.

The reaction of this Rams fan to such a move would be as follows.

fingergun.gif

/Besides, the Davis family doesn't own all of the Raiders anyway.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It certainty wouldn't be an even swap. Kroenke would have to pay a ton of money to make that work, as his Raiders would be far more valuable than the Rams. why would he do that when he doesn't have to? That's not how rich people stay rich.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived