2015 Arena League

MJWalker45

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoo boy, what fresh hell do we have here? Aside from the obvious problems, two things I noticed - they're not sure if they're using the gold or white for details, which makes it look kinda mismatched (stick with one or the other), and the logo does not translate well to helmet use. Beyond that... I mean, what's there to say?

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

I wonder how much say Russell has in this as well... It's my thought, that the Front Office/ Board of Directors are making these decisions. Usually they don't have designers on board at teams this small, or they have someone who is self taught (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) or doesn't have a great sense of design, but is the only guy in the building who knows photoshop. I've seen a lot of awful things come from places like that.

I can't imagine that Rusell would sink that low when their competition is Nike and Under Armour. I would like to think that this is where they would want to showcase something different and unique, but I guess I'm wrong. Or just have wishful thinking.

I actually like the NOB they used.....and that's it. The white with the gold looks weird and out of place. Gold pants would have been much better as would gold accents on the jerseys. And the logo going black and gold gets completely lost on that helmet.

gYH2mW9.png

I wonder how much say Russell has in this as well... It's my thought, that the Front Office/ Board of Directors are making these decisions. Usually they don't have designers on board at teams this small, or they have someone who is self taught (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) or doesn't have a great sense of design, but is the only guy in the building who knows photoshop. I've seen a lot of awful things come from places like that.

I can't imagine that Rusell would sink that low when their competition is Nike and Under Armour. I would like to think that this is where they would want to showcase something different and unique, but I guess I'm wrong. Or just have wishful thinking.

I don't think Russell even made these. I'd put them in the same grouping as Jacksonville's military appreciation uniforms. Those shirts look like they were made by Teamwear, Inc and cost about $12 a piece. They may have been on the right path, but they stopped 2 steps into walking a mile.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I read on the Outlaws facebook page that the jerseys were custom made and were auctioned off after the game. Makes sense since there wasn't an AFL shield on the collar. I am curious to see how many different helmet/uniform combinations this team is going to have.

There's no telling. Probably the home and away standards and this one off. I don't think any team hadore than three jerseys last season. I'm surprised that they have multiple helmets. I'd lose a helmet to have a better alternate jersey

• 2 weeks later...

The Predators have done some nice things with their look the past couple seasons, when they aren't wearing camo. I love that they've brought the claw marks back to the numbers. Weird that a team whose signature look is head-to-toe black opts for a white-out, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I actually love the inconsistency. It makes it look like each helmet was uniquely scratched by something, instead of a uniform scratch, which a predator can never produce multiple times in a row.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

• 1 month later...

Spokane wearing distressed flag helmets tonight. Right side is the stars and left side the stripes. Orange facemask and usual home blue jerseys with white pants. It's just ugly.

Philadelphia broke out blue, black and grey camo jerseys vs Cleveland last week. At least they were raffled off for a good cause.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Spokane wearing distressed flag helmets tonight. Right side is the stars and left side the stripes. Orange facemask and usual home blue jerseys with white pants. It's just ugly.

Philadelphia broke out blue, black and grey camo jerseys vs Cleveland last week. At least they were raffled off for a good cause.

The preservation of the league?

Archived