Team Specific colors in league logos

JasonFromMiami

What's this one? Somebody's concept?

6562580479_92e62ae50e_b.jpg

I like putting the Padres in brown, and Columbia blue/gold is a bold choice for the Marlins, but not sure about the Diamondbacks.

Yup, that was one I did back in 2011. I've since updated those concepts, with dark aqua/orange for the Marlins, Forest Green/Powder Blue for the Rays, and a darker brown for the Diamondbacks. I also used this idea of team-specific league logos in my NBA series (one that used the old four division structure):

12712847623_54a22af71d_c.jpg

The key here is maintaining the key line, something that the NBA seems adamant on avoiding.

Not all NFL teams have two colors. What would you do for the Colts or Jets? Or what would you do for the Packers/Steelers' yellow or the various teams which wear gold? I couldn't use yellow or gold against white in short spaces like that, so you'd have to do just solid green or black, which would take away from the logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Not all NFL teams have two colors. What would you do for the Colts or Jets? Or what would you do for the Packers/Steelers' yellow or the various teams which wear gold? I couldn't use yellow or gold against white in short spaces like that, so you'd have to do just solid green or black, which would take away from the logo.

This looks just fine:

y4ZyAZO.pngZmADXuz.png

I've wanted the NBA to use team-colored logos on the uniforms for a while now. It would work just as well as it does for MLB.

As for MLS, I'm not sure how I feel about the practice. At first, I loved it, but now I'm not as big a fan as I previously was. I guess it's because in soccer you have clash kits and whatnot that aren't necessarily in team colors, and having the logo in all of those color schemes kinda waters it down.

I love it in MLS because it allows for a continuity of color, even on clash kits. The league logo doesn't have to stand out against the jersey.

The single-color NFL shields could work, I guess, but not a multi-color for the reasons mentioned above. The Packers' or Steelers' gold would disappear against the white background. That's a problem you have with letters as opposed to just shapes, like the MLB batterman.

Honestly, I dont like it.

Then again, at least with MLS, i think the logo was a downgrade, but the main thing is i think the league logo should be a standard colour.

Agreed. A logo is a logo. Changing its colors makes it something else.

It's where I sit.

Would work great for the NBA. The NFL shield just doesn't work in colors other than red, white and blue though.

BATTER-LOGOS.png

It's funny how some of those blue and red logos are so identical to the actual MLB logo.

I think you just proved my point.

Even with the keyline, the lighter ones dissolve into an illegible mess at smaller sizes.

Then why not make the shield background the secondary color?

2GdZm5j.png

Or you could use the primary color as the "NFL" color and add a keyline for pop as needed:

1iCEIBJ.png

Archived