MLS Redo By Nike (1/20) (Chicago Fire Third EDIT)

Thecargeek

I am sorry for my faux-pas. I did read your rules, but I drew a complete blank when responding because, as a Chicago Fire fan, I had some valence toward the outcome. It came down to 3 reasons:

1. I do not like a lot of navy any of the Fire's uniforms and light blue should be miniscule (if you feel there needs to be).
  2. I was also being weirdly overprotective of the women's team- Red Stars since they embrace the Chicago flag in their identity. The Fire I feel is more about Fire Department imagery more than anything
  3. When doubling back to check you parameters, I was looking for whether you going to change logos/crests. It is why I had the water tower in mind, since it would give the logo/crest an West Ham look.

Sorry for being an idiot. You do great work. Keep it up.

Sorry for being an idiot.

I am sorry for my faux-pas. I did read your rules, but I drew a complete blank when responding because, as a Chicago Fire fan, I had some valence toward the outcome. It came down to 3 reasons:

1. I do not like a lot of navy any of the Fire's uniforms and light blue should be miniscule (if you feel there needs to be).
  2. I was also being weirdly overprotective of the women's team- Red Stars since they embrace the Chicago flag in their identity. The Fire I feel is more about Fire Department imagery more than anything
  3. When doubling back to check you parameters, I was looking for whether you going to change logos/crests. It is why I had the water tower in mind, since it would give the logo/crest an West Ham look.

Ohh, don't say that. C&C is always welcome, and no matter what I anyone should always share their thoughts and ideas. I enjoyed your C&C, and I always find any criticism helpful in making me a more attentive designer. For your first point I completely understand what you mean. Never have Fire added navy to their jerseys, but for the past few years they have, and for that reason I wanted to mix both the classic era with the modern one to make every fan happy as much as I can. I find the hint of blue giving a nice little kick of character to the jersey, and as I said before I didn't want to over do it. As for the second point, I understand how you wouldn't like the Chicago flag design since it clashes with the women's team, but I payed close attention to the response the star jerseys have been getting from fans, and till now I haven't seen someone bash it. That's why I thought it was a good idea for me to make such a jersey. And you are correct, Fire has the Fire department type imagery, and that's why you might like the third I just did, since it focuses a lot on that. And I'm sorry I didn't get your third point, could you elaborate.

Thank you for the kind words, you yourself are a great designer. I've been watching your work ever since you started. C&C is what makes us all great designers, and I love hearing it no matter what. Hope you like the alternate jersey.

Fire fans would adore this set.

Greatly appreciate the comment and the kind remarks. Glad you liked it.

Sorry for the unexpected and unwanted hiatus, I was going to release this jersey on the 2nd, but all of a sudden GIMP froze on me, and the whole file got corrupted for some odd reason, leaving me with almost nothing. So all my work was gone which really pissed me off. That's why I took a break and redid the design…thankfully I didn’t lose everything.

Chicago Fire (Third)

Here is the final installment of the Chicago Fire jerseys, which is the alternate. This one is an out of the box design that I’ve seen a few designers do. I also liked the thought behind the idea of this, so I made my own rendition. The home was supposed to be modern, the away would be classy and the third would be out of the box. My initial design for the alternate was for the jersey to be going back with the Nike roots of turquoise/black/green for the original team concept named Rhythm, but I thought it would upset the club, because they never really liked it to begin with. This jersey is to honor the men this team is named after. The jersey resembles a firefighter’s coat, and has many elements to honor, not only the firefighters, but also the team. The badge is based off that of a firefighters, but instead of department, it says FC. I decided to place the badge and Nike logo in the centre. The striped design is flashy, under a blackish grey base, showing how all out Chicago can be. On the back the stripes still go around the sleeves and rear of the jersey…just like that of the coat. Just under the collar there is a mixed motto between Fire FC’s motto and the Fire department’s. It states, “The Fire, there when needed” (to the fans). This jersey is a either love or hate situation.

1hxDY5L.png?1

My Issues…

· Should I place the badge and Nike logo on the sides rather than centre?

· Do the stripes seem a bit too thick?

· For the back, should I remove the stripes, and place the name on the bottom while replicating the Chicago Fire Dept. (with dept.) wordmark on the top?

· For the firefighter’s pants the stripes are horizontal not vertical, should I make them horizontal or leave them vertical?

Once again I would love to see more C&C that is always appreciated!! Thank you to everyone who has given it.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

• I do not like a lot of navy any of the Fire's uniforms and light blue should be miniscule (if you feel there needs to be).
  • I was also being weirdly overprotective of the women's team- Red Stars since they embrace the Chicago flag in their identity. The Fire I feel is more about Fire Department imagery more than anything
  • When doubling back to check you parameters, I was looking for whether you going to change logos/crests. It is why I had the water tower in mind, since it would give the logo/crest an West Ham look.

I think since Chicago Fire and Red Stars share facilities and because the Fire have attempted 4 star alts before I don't think the Fire should not be allowed to embrace it as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Definitely in-stack the logos, and make the names be on the bottom to really get the fireman look, you could maybe ditch the silver and thin down the width of the highlighter. I get why it's there but it kinda clashes and makes it a little cluttered. I really like this third kit and I think this something the team should wear

I like this. it really pays homage to the firefighters, and this would certainly be iconic. i think everything looks perfect just align the logos instead of stacking them. if you must tone down the green just remove it from the collar.

Ohh, don't say that. C&C is always welcome, and no matter what I anyone should always share their thoughts and ideas. I enjoyed your C&C, and I always find any criticism helpful in making me a more attentive designer. For your first point I completely understand what you mean. Never have Fire added navy to their jerseys, but for the past few years they have, and for that reason I wanted to mix both the classic era with the modern one to make every fan happy as much as I can. I find the hint of blue giving a nice little kick of character to the jersey, and as I said before I didn't want to over do it. As for the second point, I understand how you wouldn't like the Chicago flag design since it clashes with the women's team, but I payed close attention to the response the star jerseys have been getting from fans, and till now I haven't seen someone bash it. That's why I thought it was a good idea for me to make such a jersey. And you are correct, Fire has the Fire department type imagery, and that's why you might like the third I just did, since it focuses a lot on that. And I'm sorry I didn't get your third point, could you elaborate.

Thank you for the kind words, you yourself are a great designer. I've been watching your work ever since you started. C&C is what makes us all great designers, and I love hearing it no matter what. Hope you like the alternate jersey.

Fire fans would adore this set.

Greatly appreciate the comment and the kind remarks. Glad you liked it.

Sorry for the unexpected and unwanted hiatus, I was going to release this jersey on the 2nd, but all of a sudden GIMP froze on me, and the whole file got corrupted for some odd reason, leaving me with almost nothing. So all my work was gone which really pissed me off. That's why I took a break and redid the design…thankfully I didn’t lose everything.

Chicago Fire (Third)

Here is the final installment of the Chicago Fire jerseys, which is the alternate. This one is an out of the box design that I’ve seen a few designers do. I also liked the thought behind the idea of this, so I made my own rendition. The home was supposed to be modern, the away would be classy and the third would be out of the box. My initial design for the alternate was for the jersey to be going back with the Nike roots of turquoise/black/green for the original team concept named Rhythm, but I thought it would upset the club, because they never really liked it to begin with. This jersey is to honor the men this team is named after. The jersey resembles a firefighter’s coat, and has many elements to honor, not only the firefighters, but also the team. The badge is based off that of a firefighters, but instead of department, it says FC. I decided to place the badge and Nike logo in the centre. The striped design is flashy, under a blackish grey base, showing how all out Chicago can be. On the back the stripes still go around the sleeves and rear of the jersey…just like that of the coat. Just under the collar there is a mixed motto between Fire FC’s motto and the Fire department’s. It states, “The Fire, there when needed” (to the fans). This jersey is a either love or hate situation.

1hxDY5L.png?1

My Issues…

· Should I place the badge and Nike logo on the sides rather than centre?

· Do the stripes seem a bit too thick?

· For the back, should I remove the stripes, and place the name on the bottom while replicating the Chicago Fire Dept. (with dept.) wordmark on the top?

· For the firefighter’s pants the stripes are horizontal not vertical, should I make them horizontal or leave them vertical?

Once again I would love to see more C&C that is always appreciated!! Thank you to everyone who has given it.

Thank You. To clarify my third point, I meant to say, "Are you going to make new logos"? Houston is a franchise I think needs a new one. Typically New England has the most maligned one in the league. I know that this project is mostly uniform-centric but the Nike hypothetical could also mean "updating the brand".

I really like your designs here and I think that the Fire 3rd, out of the ordinary and all, is brilliant, however I would recommend that you don't stack the logos. Also, I think that maybe, even creative as the logo you made is, maybe you should just do what the sounders have on their alternate jerseys, where they made their logo black and green, with the fire. I also have a few questions:

1. Are you going to make jerseys for the new Teams in the league? Atlanta United FC just released its new logo and I think it would be cool if you did some jerseys based on it, I know that LAFC haven't released anything yet, and the sponsers are still unknown but I think it might be kinda cool.

2. will all of the jerseys be posted under this forum name?

3. What template are you using to make these?

If you could answer these that would be great!

Yes place the logos to the sides, the stacked look isn't working. One question I have is if the silver stripe is reflective, if so that would be so cool and really tie into the fire fighter suit you have going

I decided to place the logos on the sides, because everyone wanted me to. For the silver, yes it is a reflective material.

Definitely in-stack the logos, and make the names be on the bottom to really get the fireman look, you could maybe ditch the silver and thin down the width of the highlighter. I get why it's there but it kinda clashes and makes it a little cluttered. I really like this third kit and I think this something the team should wear

Because I got a good amount of C&C, for my edit I had to take in everyone's ideas and place it into one jersey, and because of that I did not follow everything given. I thinned out the stripes as you said, but didn't remove any silver. Some people enjoyed it and others didn't mind it. The main reason why I decided not to remove it, was that the silver is a big point in a firefighter's uniform, and taking out of the jersey really removes the whole point of it paying homage to the firemen. But I did choose to cut it out in areas where there are letters on top, since I found that to be the main point in the cluttering. As for the rear I took your whole idea into consideration since no one, but you, commented on that.

I like the idea as a whole alot! I'll echo just tone down the green a bit and it should work better.

By taking Wgeddes advice of cropping the stripes, and Token's of removing the green in the collar, I hope I toned down the green a bit more. Thank you for the kind words.

I like this. it really pays homage to the firefighters, and this would certainly be iconic. i think everything looks perfect just align the logos instead of stacking them. if you must tone down the green just remove it from the collar.

Did what you said!

Thank You. To clarify my third point, I meant to say, "Are you going to make new logos"? Houston is a franchise I think needs a new one. Typically New England has the most maligned one in the league. I know that this project is mostly uniform-centric but the Nike hypothetical could also mean "updating the brand".

Unfortunately I won't. When it comes to making logos I'm not the best, and my updates wouldn't always typically be updates. Not only that, but I've already tried making logos in GIMP, and found them to not be cleaned up, for some odd reason. If I had to make logos I would use inkscape, which I'm still in the early process of learning how to use this program. I like that you brought up this point, but although I would love to do such a thing, I really can't.

I really like your designs here and I think that the Fire 3rd, out of the ordinary and all, is brilliant, however I would recommend that you don't stack the logos. Also, I think that maybe, even creative as the logo you made is, maybe you should just do what the sounders have on their alternate jerseys, where they made their logo black and green, with the fire. I also have a few questions:

1. Are you going to make jerseys for the new Teams in the league? Atlanta United FC just released its new logo and I think it would be cool if you did some jerseys based on it, I know that LAFC haven't released anything yet, and the sponsers are still unknown but I think it might be kinda cool.

2. will all of the jerseys be posted under this forum name?

3. What template are you using to make these?

If you could answer these that would be great!

Thank you for the kind words. I took your advice on the alignment of the badge and Nike logo. As for the actual design of the badge itself it isn't completely made by me...it's actually the official Fire department badge, all I did was change department into FC. I decided not to change it since this is a main part into paying homage to the firefighters. It would also be very unique and could be a good selling point as a collector's item for the fans. I actually thought about your idea before I posted the design, but decided to go with this one, hope you don't mind. Also thank you for the kind words.

1. I was thinking about that, I might just do the expansions after I finish all the official teams.

2. Yes they all will, but you might notice I'm very slow.

3. The template outline was made by a really good Indonesian designer, he allowed me to use his template, but he gave me a completely messed up recycled file. I don't know if this was something to do with my program, but I had to redo the whole template and convert it into my own. So instead I basically used a picture of his template to create one just like it. Hope that answers your question.

Chicago Fire Third (EDIT)

So Thank you all for the kind words, and for the C&C. The most I've gotten in this forum. I was going to make separate edits for every individual but that would've taken a long time. Instead I tried combing all the C&C I could, without any of it clashing with one another. To be honest I feel like the final product isn't as great as I wanted it to look. I also kind of like the original more than the update. I don't want to throw more words, since I think I've done that a bit too much. Instead I'll leave you to inspect the jersey one your own. Tell me if it needs some work since I think it does. I do have one thing I just noticed...I need to bring up the nine.

In6KMpk.png

Thank you for your time, and as always I love me some C&C.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

I like the Update, except for one thing, I would move the Chicago Fire FC (maybe make it all fit on one line, or maybe just Chicago or Fire FC instead of it all) up along with the number, the number weird in its current alignment with the stripe and I feel like centering it might look better, other than that the jersey is great

• 5 weeks later...

Chicago Fire Third (EDIT)

So Thank you all for the kind words, and for the C&C. The most I've gotten in this forum. I was going to make separate edits for every individual but that would've taken a long time. Instead I tried combing all the C&C I could, without any of it clashing with one another. To be honest I feel like the final product isn't as great as I wanted it to look. I also kind of like the original more than the update. I don't want to throw more words, since I think I've done that a bit too much. Instead I'll leave you to inspect the jersey one your own. Tell me if it needs some work since I think it does. I do have one thing I just noticed...I need to bring up the nine.

In6KMpk.png

Thank you for your time, and as always I love me some C&C.

For reference, here is an image of the coat. The firefighter/player name is on the lower back as it should be, but the name shouldn't be on the stripes. I assume the stripes are reflective? They might be better a little narrower.

Good job!

a1c7a3d11c6fde83496f9b762245db96.jpg

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

• 2 weeks later...

this thread still going or....

Yeah I'm really sorry, I've been crazy busy. Now that my marks count in school and such I have to put everything aside since my grades are currently my number one priority. Any time I'm really free (which, I'll be honest won't be frequent), I'll try my best to release designs and such. Sorry for the mishap and letting people down. Hopefully you guys can understand that. And thank you for the heavy support, again I'll try my best to get some designs through this year, and continue this thread...once again great apologizes. Ad I'll still do the update for the third jersey.

Thank you

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Archived