2015 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's reeboks last year as uni providers

So should be interesting next off season

Who is replacing them?

Adidas? Under armour? Russel (Oh god no)?

Under armour would be my vote! Aesthetically the CFL would be much better and I would like to see UA with a football league completely to themselves

The CFL wouldn't be better off under UA.

Toronto, Hamilton, Montreal, and BC look great.

Saskatchewan, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Ottawa look terrible.

The "signature" alternates are all garbage.

I don't see any of that improving under UA, given their track record. The "special event" alternates would probably be just as bad. The teams that look over-designed and terrible would remain looking over-designed and terrible. And the teams that look good? UA just might screw them up by changing for the sake of change.

First the NBA, now the CFL. Why are people so eager to see UA get an entire league? If their work in the NCAA were consistently good I'd get it, but they often come off as Nike-lite.

Not been announced but the rumour is adidas

Which would probably mean no changes. Reebok is owned by Adidas, and Adidas has been moving the Reebok brand out of the apparel business and into the cross fit/personal training market. Adidas would simply replace the Reebok logos on the current uniforms with Adidas marks.

The CFL uniforms I've seen all need an update to the fabrics they're using, so as long as the new company provides that, I'll be glad. And yeah, even though there are some winning looks (which it shouldn't be too hard to leave untouched) there are plenty of teams that seriously need a makeover.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

So that begs the question though: Are the Argos now using 2 helmets on a regular basis or was this a 1-off?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Did the Eskimos quietly drop the ugly green road helmet? The last six times they've worn their road uniforms the yellow helmet has been used.

Did the Argos white helmet have the tapered helmet stripes when it was introduced last year?

Yes I believe so.

Edmonton still has their green helmets though they should keep it in the shed.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's reeboks last year as uni providers

So should be interesting next off season

Who is replacing them?

Adidas? Under armour? Russel (Oh god no)?

Under armour would be my vote! Aesthetically the CFL would be much better and I would like to see UA with a football league completely to themselves

No. Nike and Under Armour need to stay the hell away from the CFL. After seeing what both have done to College Football and how Nike has trashed the NFL, they need to stay with Reebok. The CFL as of right now has a few teams that need improvement but overall, I think they are far better than the NFL right now. If more teams stayed away from the Ziploc strip Flywire like the Packers, the NFL would be better.

The CFL uniforms I've seen all need an update to the fabrics they're using, so as long as the new company provides that, I'll be glad. And yeah, even though there are some winning looks (which it shouldn't be too hard to leave untouched) there are plenty of teams that seriously need a makeover.

What's wrong with the fabrics? I do agree that there are teams that need a makeover. The Roughriders, Stampeders, the Eskimos' road jersey, Winnipeg, and Montreal, would probably benefit from a makeover. Ottawa's jerseys aren't too bad, though the number font isn't great. I'd say they could be improved but I think since they are only playing their second year in the CFL, I think the RedBlacks, who need a new name more than anything else should leave their look alone for now. I'd even argue that the Lions could use some striping on the arms on their home and roads, though I like all three of their jerseys.

What's wrong with the fabrics? I do agree that there are teams that need a makeover. The Roughriders, Stampeders, the Eskimos' road jersey, Winnipeg, and Montreal, would probably benefit from a makeover. Ottawa's jerseys aren't too bad, though the number font isn't great. I'd say they could be improved but I think since they are only playing their second year in the CFL, I think the RedBlacks, who need a new name more than anything else should leave their look alone for now. I'd even argue that the Lions could use some striping on the arms on their home and roads, though I like all three of their jerseys.

If half of the teams in the league need a "makeover" then it's time to move on

CFL unis/brandings have been changing every few years for every single team, feels like. I can't fight it any more.

Though I will say that Calgary needs to burn its black helmets, & Edmonton needs to burn its dark green helmets. Stop being dumb. The Eskimo dark green is as poor looking as the Oakland A's full green caps/helmets.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

If by move on, you mean jerseys, then I agree, however, if you mean move on from Reebok, I disagree. As bad as those teams look, I still believe that they look better now than what they would look like if Nike was doing the makeovers for them.

CFL unis/brandings have been changing every few years for every single team, feels like. I can't fight it any more.

Though I will say that Calgary needs to burn its black helmets, & Edmonton needs to burn its dark green helmets. Stop being dumb. The Eskimo dark green is as poor looking as the Oakland A's full green caps/helmets.

Yeah, the CFL is starting to change a little too much, too often now. I couldn't agree more. Calgary and Edmonton's dark helmets need to go. They are terrible. The only alternate helmet between those teams that I don't mind is Calgary's helmet from their Signature Jersey. I usually hate gradients and chrome logos but for one or two games a season, I think that helmet is actually kind of neat.

Montreal doesn't look great.

The last uniforms unveiling was a deception for me.

Many many fans are asking the Als to get back to the great late 70's unis and they denied.

That late 70's look is awesome!!! I really liked that red and white throwback they wore a few years back as well. That was such a nice looking jersey, and a great uniform.

While I agree that jersey is a step up from what they wear now, how would you achieve those sleeves nowadays? Most players have theirs so short you would be able to get the white in but not any red.

And that Alouettes logo has always reminded me of an oil company.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Not if the alternatives will lead to more then half the teams needing a makeover.

Reebok/Adidas is easily the lesser of the three evils.

Montreal doesn't look great.

The last uniforms unveiling was a deception for me.

Many many fans are asking the Als to get back to the great late 70's unis and they denied.

Alouettes%2078%20Road%20Randy%20Rhino.jp

Those are nice, but I don't think Montreal's current look is that bad. It's a bit slapdash, but it definitely works for them.

Archived