Rebranding the NFL

ZionEagle

So I decided to completely overhaul all 32 NFL teams in Powerpoint.

I was inspired by the other rebrands, and decided it would be cool to do my own.

Once I finish all the logos, I will do uniforms. Although, they won't be as good because this will be my first time doing unis.

I have done 3 teams so far: the Panthers, Vikings, and Cardinals.

C&C appreciated.

First up is the Panthers.

V937tmt.png

I feel like the neck is a little awkward, but other than that I thought it turned out okay.

2PD3N0x.jpg

I felt like the old Vikings logo was a little weird, the head jutted out to far. I tried to make it a bit more regal...or something like that :)

AVbmUBP.jpg

I think one of the most notable changes is the removal of the yellow beak. I really just felt it didn't belong, so I changed it.

Enjoy.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Cardinals is the only logo that you have improved at all. The panther looks like a pitbull and the viking looks like something from the muppets.

Thank you, however, I don't see the comparison with the pitbull and muppet.

IHPlWd6.jpg

Nope

EenZQy0.jpg

Nope. I honestly can't see any resemblance.

Now, if you'd like to tell me how you think the logos could be improved, I'd be fine with that.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

I only like the script you've used for the Cardinals logo. The Panthers logo reminds me way too much of the Michigan Panthers logo from the USFL. The Vikings logo looks like Hulk Hogan with a Viking helmet on and that Cardinals logo is a huge downgrade. It needs the pupil, and it now looks like it's wearing false eyelashes. You're talented, and I certainly want to see what else you have to offer, but I'm not liking any of these 3.

Thanks. Lol. I can see the Hulk Hogan resemblance. I can't really see that Michigan logo in my panther though.

Like I said, could someone tell me what they think would make it better?

Anyway, I edited the Cardinals for you.

H0bUWb6.jpg

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Panthers: My favorite of the three, just work on the neck like you said, maybe have the bottom curve up instead of down, and simplify your highlights

Vikings: This one is good other than the eye, just move it down some and work on the shape and you have a great improvement.

Cardinals: You're almost there, just work on the eye to make it a little more aggressive than in your second edit.

Good work so far, excited to see more!

The Cardinals is the only logo that you have improved at all. The panther looks like a pitbull and the viking looks like something from the muppets.

I agree 100%. Cardinals looks good, maybe minus the beak color. Panthers looks like a pitbull/snake mutation. I see a muppet when I see the Vikings logo.

The Vikings is a downgrade, the Panthers looks like a sock puppet, but the Cardinals is really sharp. Take the good aspects of what you did with the Cardinals and try to carry it over to the other two logos (as well as the rest in this series). Nevertheless, good work.

Thanks. Lol. I can see the Hulk Hogan resemblance. I can't really see that Michigan logo in my panther though.

Like I said, could someone tell me what they think would make it better?

Anyway, I edited the Cardinals for you.

H0bUWb6.jpg

I like this much better personally. I think a little manipulation of the eye shape to make it more angry, and you have a winner.

That Panthers logo might work if you make it just the head, and remove the neck all together. There is just a weird disconnect there.

For the Vikings logo, I would give him a pupil, and slightly soften the chin.

I agree that the cardinals logo is near perfect already, but I think this is a great attempt, and possibly even an improvement.. The other two are good logos, but it's tough to view them without comparing them to each team's current.. The cards is similar enough that it "fits" in my mind.. The others are enough of a departure that they don't look right, but they contain enough similarities that they don't look like true rebrands.. I'm not sure how to say what I'm trying to say, but I like your work, I just don't think the Vikings and Panthers are an improvement over what they currently have

I actually prefer the original Cardinals logo to the update. The update's eye makes it look drowsy while the original gives the logo a haunting feel.

But I really just don't like the Panthers or the Vikings logos. They are just too realistic and don't fit a sports branding to me. I also agree with the point that they look like a pitbull/sock puppet and muppet.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I certainly appreciate the effort, but the marks have to be simply executed to be successful. There's way too much detail to be an effective mark, for the hundreds of brand touchpoints a team needs -- embroidery, helmet decals, apparel. The list is endless.

I like what you have done here. I think all three are decent logos. Here are some ideas that might help.

Panthers:

I like that you are taking a different approach by changing the angle of the panther. As another member mentioned, removing the neck might help. Or you could try rounding it from the ear down to the bottom point of the neck. You can make the teeth larger and longer. The nose area, you might want to think about adding in whiskers. As for the shading and highlights....keep it simple. You are not far off, just revisit a little and simplify. The panthers current logo does a good job of it. Try matching the style.

Vikings:

I like what you have created and I think some of the comments have been a little unfair. But I think you have the ability to try a whole new approach (like what you've done with the panthers). I've seen a lot of vikings concepts and most of them follow the same right facing viking. The only one in my opinion that does a great job at it, is the version created by Dane Storrusten at Gridiron Labs. How about a front facing or a 3/4 view. Like what if you had a 3/4 front facing viking with a V integrated into the beard or something. Just a thought, but it's a start in a new direction and something custom is what will make you stand out.

Cards:

Again, here maybe your could try something totally custom. Maybe think about making the cardinal more aggressive by opening the beak and adding some angrier looking eyes. If you really want to push it...based on the shape of a cardinals head...you could even do a front facing version in the shape of an A. It would take a little messing around...trial and error, but it's doable. Again just an idea.

Great start on these though. Keep pushing them.

spacer.png

Archived