Rebranding the NFL

ZionEagle

Thank you all for the replies. I don't have time to answer them all individually, but I will try to summarize.

Tbh, I guess I was a little surprised more people didn't like them, simply because I had gotten a lot of positive feedback around other sites. But I suppose it's because average consumers were looking at them, not designers. I am trying my best, and I will take your advice and create new ones when I have time.

I already knew this was going to be tough, because like people said the current logos are great. I knew it was going to be hard to make something new, and I was happy to take on that challenge. I tried to deviate from the current logos, that may be why mine look funny or weird to you. As for details, yes that is something I struggle with :) I'm a very detailed oriented person, so simplifying is a struggle for me. I've only been making logos for about 3 months now.

Anyways, again, thank you all. I will see what I can produce with the changes suggested.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of these logos are okay. The only one I like better than the current though is the Cards. They look pretty nice. The others don't really need the update.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Vikings update:

Ekq5GEp.jpg

l40Ro8M.png

This my or may not be the final design. I just wanted to get some brainstorming done and a different approach out there.

I will do the Panthers next.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

I like that you are trying to push this... and I think you are on the right track. I think the helmet horns need a bit of adjusting. The overall feel is a little on the cartoon side of things.

If you want, PM me and I can help you work it out.

spacer.png

So I'm updating the Cardinal logo.

With yellow beak:

4eguBkb.jpg

Without:

kEJSF2u.jpg

For some reason I shifted the eye too much. I'll change it eventually.

In the meantime I'll show some other concepts.

M7qemk3.jpg

l6dJ0bP.jpg

eLP96ie.jpg

dtBKqnM.png

ZttUDnM.jpg

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Great improvement on Patriots. I like the 3/4 perspective as opposed to the side view. In an earlier post regarding the viking side perspective looking like a muppet this is the only one I could possibly see as having a resemblance to your logo. This is still a stretch.

review_muppets2_6_zps6ahksnfh.jpg

Bengals - Looks good

Bills - Great Job, curious on how it would look without the ribbon

Buccaneers - the position of the arm makes me think hunchback, just doesn't look right.

Falcons - the wings look like they are ribbons to me. And the tailfeathers on the bottom might be too big, they look like a 3rd wing.

Patriots - Looks good.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

Bengals- Fantastic. That's a huge upgrade over what they use now. Great work.

Bills- I like it except for what you've done with the stripe. It looks like a Ribbon now..... and needs a little tweaking.

Bucs- The arm looks out of place, the Pirate is too plain.... the only thing good is the top half of the face you've done..... and please try a skull?

Falcons- The break between the tail feathers and the leg looks off, as do the tail feathers themselves. Shorten them slightly add a bit more of a hint of the 2nd leg.

Pats- So close..... but the nose is way too pointed. That's my big gripe with Elvis.... and also, don't like the font used.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Archived