NBA D-League Changes 2016

TVIXX

With no arena ready and the Bucks wanting to get a team as early as next (2017-18) season, I can't imagine Oskhosh would get the nod when there are other cities in Wisconsin that already have arenas that can be used. 

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

The Santa Cruz Warriors have a temporary arena up until a permanent facility can be built or found (Currently they have a 5k arena in the works). Just four walls, a roof and bleachers. No bells or whistles. They could even play in a high school or local college gym until a building is built. 

28 minutes ago, SJAnfield said:

The Santa Cruz Warriors have a temporary arena up until a permanent facility can be built or found (Currently they have a 5k arena in the works). Just four walls, a roof and bleachers. No bells or whistles. They could even play in a high school or local college gym until a building is built. 

What about the old MECCA -- or whatever they're calling it these days?

1 hour ago, Josh.0 said:

What about the old MECCA -- or whatever they're calling it these days?

It's now the UW Milwaukee Panthers arena. I'm sure they could bunker down there for a season or two. I think the Admirals are moving or have moved in. 

13 hours ago, omnivore said:

With no arena ready and the Bucks wanting to get a team as early as next (2017-18) season, I can't imagine Oskhosh would get the nod when there are other cities in Wisconsin that already have arenas that can be used. 

Could be scheduling conflicts but it may be possible to use the Kolf Fieldhouse on the UW-O campus for a year.  That place is plenty big.

I personally think Racine should get that spot...a hotbed for basketball (several Racinians have gone pro), supportive of its minor league teams which get promotion (the Racine Raiders are a solid minor-league team among amateur squads), and even their hometown Racine Storm PBL team does well on the court.

Only thing missing would be a venue...

bYhYmxh.png

Archived