MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

16 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Fantastic work on this. 

Looking forward to Detroit!

Let's go!

So, the Tigers. Yet another team with a strong identity. Not too much to change, I decided to use orange for the cap logo and socks. I also decided to use the tiger head as sleeve patch.

The home uniform remains the same, adding orange to the Olde D, and the road uniform remains the same (apart from the changes aforementioned). I also decided to design a home and road alt uniform, usign the "Tigers" and "Detroit" wordmarks respectively. Thanks to @Paul Lucas, who helped me out with the "Tigers" wordmark!

Detroit Tigers Home Uniform.pngDetroit Tigers Road Uniform.pngDetroit Tigers Home Alt Uniform.pngDetroit Tigers Road Alt Uniform.png

NOTE: I decided to use #16 as humble tribute to José Fernández, who sadly passed away yesterday. I'll be using the same number for the Marlins set, keeping the #42 for the other teams.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Beautiful work on the Tigers. The tiger head would make a great sleeve patch. 

Not much I'd change, other than the white outline on "Detroit" on the road jersey. 

Fantastic work! And very classy tribute (RIP José). I agree, getting rid of that white outline on the road is a must...and I would also get rid of the white outline on the caps (except for the home alternate), that way the orange would pop like on the stirrups.

4 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

I like the nod to the Colorado Rockies hockey team. 

Are you adding any silver? If so, let's see the cap with a silver 'c.'

I wanted to keep it simple, using Purple, Black and White. I've tried Siver, but I doesn't really match my original idea:

Colorado Rockies Silver Test.png

It's not the cap design, but you get the idea ;)

10 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Tigers are much improved.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of any of those logos for the cap. What if you have the cap a white front panel and put the first logo you posted on it?

Nice idea! And for the road and alt unis I could make the cap mainly black and the C in purple.

3 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll be working on them.

Meanwhile, how about something like this for the Rockies?

Colorado Rockies Logo 1.png

The only problem is it's essentially the exact same shape as the Cubs' C.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Exactly. I've played around with versions of the Colorado "C" for a Rockies logo, but can never get it quite differentiated enough from the Cubs' C. They're virtually the same shape. It's a concept I really wish would work, but I think the Cubs pretty much have a monopoly on that shape, and it's just too hard to separate them apart.

22 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Exactly. I've played around with versions of the Colorado "C" for a Rockies logo, but can never get it quite differentiated enough from the Cubs' C. They're virtually the same shape. It's a concept I really wish would work, but I think the Cubs pretty much have a monopoly on that shape, and it's just too hard to separate them apart.

I think the fact that the logo has a basis in the original NHL team makes it work. Plus, there are only so many ways to configure a "C" and make it look good. And for what it's worth, the Cubs once used a "C" logo that looked nearly identical to the Reds' current "C" logo.

12 hours ago, WSU151 said:

12 hours ago, kroywen said:

11 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I think the fact that the logo has a basis in the original NHL team makes it work. Plus, there are only so many ways to configure a "C" and make it look good. And for what it's worth, the Cubs once used a "C" logo that looked nearly identical to the Reds' current "C" logo.

I think I'll stick to the new C. It's true that the design is kind of similar to the Cubs' C. but given the colours, the border, and the iner circle, I think they aren't that close.

Archived